We were first time visitors to San Francisco. We arrived to the hotel at 10:30am intending to check our luggage and return later in the day to check in to our room. We were pleasantly surprised to be allowed to go our room right away- thrilling after having already been on the road quite a bit that day! We had decided to splurge on a king corner room and it was absolutely worth it! The room was clean, updated, and wall to wall windows were amazing. The bathroom was clean and had decent counter space. Large hotel but never had an issue waiting for elevator. We visited the concierge twice for travel advice and though we dealt with different individuals, we were met with friendly and accurate advice. Unfortunately you have to pay an insane amount to park here. We found a combination "deal" through the actual hotel's website that gave us a decent discount off of the parking.
In traveling the city: Walk through Chinatown to enjoy the sights, but wait until you get to Little Italy to eat! Franchino's restaurant had wonderful food and perfect character. There is an amazing little deli two storefronts down from Franchino's. Do NOT do the red and white tours in San Fran harbor! The audio 'walkmans' that they give you are lousy. My husband and I had trouble, as did many people around us. Then I read their reviews online and saw that many people complained about the audio. Neptunes at Pier 39 was delicious! Try the lobster mac and cheese!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental San Francisco is the Bay Area s newest upscale hotel destination. The 32-story glass tower sparkles high above the city, standing sentry over the South of Market (SoMa) area. The smoke-free hotel is convenient to everything, including the Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Chinatown and the Powell Street Cable Car Turnaround. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, IHG, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental