“Good deal”

InterContinental San Francisco
Ranked #38 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Large modern room with a very cosy bed, spacious bathroom and a nice outdoor view. The room was very clean and fresh, we got more than expected for the price. The location is not ideal but at least it's close to Market street. Beware of the hobos, they are everywhere!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Monica D, Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2014

Dear Lavinia A,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We're glad you enjoyed our comfortable, clean guest rooms and great views.

We hope to see you again soon.

Monica Dropkin,

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I just returned from staying at the Intercontinental San Francisco. I stayed for two night in a deluxe room with two beds on the 23rd floor and we had an amazing view of the bay. The room was in great shape and had the most comfortable beds making it hard to get up and going. The room had a very large walk in shower with a hand held shower and shower head. The only negative that I can give the Intercontinental is that when someone slams there door you can hear it in your room. I loved the free wifi to.

The service I received was on par with other five star hotels that I have stayed at. May checked us in fast and made us feel welcomed and made us feel as if we were VIP guest. She was friendly and loved the hotel she worked for.

I will be back and I have found my favorite hotel in San Francisco going forward. If you are looking for a five star hotel and not wanting to break the bank give the San Francisco Intercontinental a try.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Sixsevendc,

We're honored to have won the title of your favorite hotel in San Francisco. We're glad our comfortable guest rooms and great service, this is always what we want to hear.

We look forward to your next trip to San Francisco and the opportunity to continue to impress.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Stayed 5 night at IC SF, which turned out to be fantastic! The location was unbeatable, just a few step away (like 2-5 min by walking) from the Moscone Convention Center, the Powell station, and lots of shopping centers and restaurants. The room was equipped with modern facilities, very spacious and bright. Although it is located in the very center party of the city, the room was very quiet, stayed at 30th floor, the view was so great that I opened my curtain all nights to enjoy the view and the lights while falling asleep! And of course, very helpful and nice staff. One thing I think not so great was the selection of food for breakfast was kind of limited. But overall, I really enjoyed the stay at IC SF.

Room Tip: Standard room facing north has amazing view of the SF downtown skyline, standard room facing south h...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear SweDK,

We are so glad you enjoyed your five night stay with us. We love to hear when guests enjoy our central location, beautiful hotel and great views. Thank you for mentioning our helpful and nice colleagues, that always makes our day!

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night on a business trip. Upon checking in, I was warmly greeted at the front desk. They thanked my for being a member of their hotel frequent stay club, gave me a high and quiet floor as requested, offered me late check out, and gave me a chocolate covered pretzel as a welcome gift (nice touch). I went to my room (3009) and was impressed by the room and the view (amazing). The amenities in the bathroom were great but it did appear that the toilet may not have been thoroughly cleaned (not a big deal...just wanted to note it). Housekeeping performed turn down service in the evening while I was a dinner (nice).

I also wanted to point out that I had one of the best nights sleep at a hotel in a long time at the Intercontinental. The combination of the wonderful mattress and the great pillows provided me much needed slumber.

Did not use any of the amenities like the pool or the hot tub but heard they were nice.

Thanks to the folks at the Intercontinental, I had a great experience. I would definitely this hotel to both business folks and tourists. Thank you!!!

Room Tip: Try and get a room on an upper floor. The view is amazing. :)
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear pnwguy1j,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review of your stay. We're delighted you enjoyed our hotel as well the IHG Rewards program.

We hope to see you again soon for another wonderful nights sleep.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We recently stayed at the Intercontinental and loved it. Our room was very clean, the beds were comfortable and the staff was very friendly.
The only downside to this hotel is that there is bad neighborhood within walking distance. The hotel was very forthcoming and even highlighted the area on a map for us.
The most important thing to me is SILENCE and I am happy to say that this hotel totally hit the mark here. I rarely heard anyone or anything even though the hotel was quite full.
Didn't eat at the restaurant onsite but it looked really nice.

Room Tip: stay away from the elevators. There are a bunch of them and every once in a while I could hear the...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Monica D, Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Lisa B,

Thank you for this kind review. I'm happy you had a wonderful time and found our guestrooms so comfortable and location so convenient. We always strive for our guests to have a restful stay and we love to hear we hit the mark. We hope to welcome you back again for another peaceful stay.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

good location, nice bar, friendly, nice rooms, overall nice nice nice
location is close to town hall, yet far enough away from noisy sf
easy to get to it, easy to get out of sf from there
value for money is average, but you get quite good rooms and sercvice !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Ruudbush,

Thank you for this quick note about your stay. We're delighted you had a wonderful time and enjoyed our location and service. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We spent two nights here and were very satisfiend by the rooms and whirlpool. It's not long distanced from places like Market Street etc. Although the room view was quite ordinary (buildings in construction, offices or homes), hotel was great.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear richard_spitzer_1967,

Thank you for this wonderful review. We're glad you had a wonderful two night stay and enjoyed our location and amenities. We hope to welcome you back again on your next visit.