We arrived at the hotel and despite requesting over two months ago in writing (and paying for) a suite on a high floor, plus calling to confirm the day before, we were offered a room down on the 8th floor (as nothing else was apparently available). After having made our displeasure very clear with receptionist and being sent to a tiny alternate room on a higher floor, we were eventually given exactly the type of room we’d booked, a suite on the 22nd floor. Why this couldn’t have happened at the beginning I don’t know – not the best greeting by the hotel (especially after a long flight)!
That said, the rest of our one week stay was excellent. The concierge (Bill) couldn’t have been more helpful, the doormen were always smiling and facilities like the pool, gym, room service were as good as you’d expect.
If I had any other criticism it would be the secondary costs. The price of their breakfast is simply not worth considering, especially when just 5 mins walk away there is the excellent Mel’s Diner, offering a substantial meal for less than half the price. If you want really top class food while you’re in San Francisco I can’t recommend highly enough either Scomas Seafood (Pier 47, Fisherman’s Wharf) or the classic Tadich Grill (240 California St.).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental San Francisco is the Bay Area s newest upscale hotel destination. The 32-story glass tower sparkles high above the city, standing sentry over the South of Market (SoMa) area. The smoke-free hotel is convenient to everything, including the Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Chinatown and the Powell Street Cable Car Turnaround. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental