3,231 results
All reviews floor to ceiling windows moscone center howard street luce restaurant the club lounge union square corner room south of market modern hotel mark hopkins mini bar concierge staff high floor attending a conference junior suite an upgrade few blocks
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

A few days ago I stayed at this hotel

When I arrived at the airport the airline had lost my luggage because of some, to do... At Heathrow....This went on for three days...

I had waited to travel to this beautiful city for so long, as it is was named in so many shows, songs and books of my youth. As you can imagine, I thought that my whole time in San Francisco would be a write off and it would have been except, for the wonderful staff at this hotel. Every few hours I would ask if my luggage had been delivered and not once did the staff make me feel I was being a nuisance....
The staff remained sympathetic, polite, courteous and professional.
I was given advice on where I could shop, how to contact couriers and one member of staff sent fruit and drinks to my room to "make you feel better". The Bellman was especially great .

Overall a hotel gets stars for its amenities, of which there are many in this hotel (best coffee!) but I think that that the unique selling point for this hotel is its marvellous staff...

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Tina A
wadefurman, Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

I can't begin to tell you how nice it is to read this review. Our sole focus as a team is to provide the best possible service for our guests. Knowing that our staff was able to assist you and make you comfortable while you waited for your luggage to arrive is evidence that we succeeded. Thank you for these unbelievably kind words. We hope that your trip to San Francisco was everything you hoped it would be and that you come and visit us again soon.

Wade Furman

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Second time staying here and not disappointed! Staff are friendly, always going above and beyond! The rooms are clean, tidy and beds extremely comfortable. Great location easy walk to the Westfield shops and a number of great restaurants. This is our go to whenever we stay in San Fran!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you for returning to the Intercontinental San Francisco and declaring us your "go to whenever in San Francisco." We pride ourselves on providing the highest level of service. Earning your loyalty suggests that we are doing the right things. Thank you for this wonderful feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Wade Furman,

Reviewed 26 July 2016

The hotel was close enough to walk to the Ballpark, about 6 blocks. The room was large by San Francisco standards and very clean. I went with a friend and we thought it was a great deal compared to other hotels in the area, that cost 50 percent more.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing you experiences on tripadvisor. It is wonderful to know that you were happy with the service and value we provided.

Wade Furman,

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

The location is great, everything is near you. The room was amazing, the staff were so helpful.

A great place to stay in when your in San Fransico!

You have many good locations near you like Target, Bloomingdales, also Nordstorm. The main shops and most needed stuff you can find.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for letting the tripadvisor community know about your latest stay with us. I am happy to know that our location proved convenient and that our rooms amazed you.

Wade Furman

Reviewed 25 July 2016

I stayed at the hotel for 2 days in the middle of the week. It was a very nice hotel and the room was ok. The shower had very poor water pressure. The television system was very poor and it took several second for the TV to respond to changing channels. Maybe it is Bay Area cynicism, or maybe it's just because the hotel is not in the best part of town, but every time I walked in the building, the concierge gave me a look like I didn't belong there. There is only 1 men's bathroom in the lobby, and it is always occupied. The wifi is not free. It costs $14.95 per day. For the price that they charge for the rooms, you would think they could throw in wifi. Overall, I have stayed in much nicer hotels. It was not worth the money.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Kendra D, Front Office Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2016

Thank you for providing us feedback from your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your experience with us. Due to the drought in California InterContinental San Francisco participates in many water saving initiatives to do our part. All of our IHG members receive complimentary internet and our Front Desk is always happy to enroll you for free.

I hope you give us another opportunity to welcome you back.

Warmest Regards-