This is your typical Intercontinental Hotel - modern, polished and a bit pricey. The location is only 5 minutes from Union Square, so that's not an issue. Go a few blocks from the hotel and it starts looking a bit depressed. Somehow, it still feels safe. Not a fan of the "touch the food/drinks products and you will be charged" policy in relation to the bar fridge. Many have mentioned the valet parking is expensive: solution just park on the streets. There are plenty of free parking spots available between 9pm and 7 am. After that it is only $3 per hour. Go one street further down and it is 2 hours parking and only starts at 9am. Just watch out which night the street cleaners come. Also some overnight parking stations available in the area for $10/$20.
Back to our experience. The room is fine and we faced the bay. Not much of a view but no complaints. It's a nice place to stay. The only minor issue is the staff don't really seem to know much about street parking rules, so it was frustrating to ask a number of people on a simple question. Overall, I would happily stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental San Francisco is the Bay Area s newest upscale hotel destination. The 32-story glass tower sparkles high above the city, standing sentry over the South of Market (SoMa) area. The smoke-free hotel is convenient to everything, including the Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Chinatown and the Powell Street Cable Car Turnaround. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental