“Horrifying Good ”

and up
San Francisco Dungeon General Admission
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The San Francisco Dungeon is NOT your usual visitor attraction! We're an exciting mix of 9 live actor shows, 200 years of history, 360° sets, 1 dark boat ride and authentic storytelling. Being scared has never been more fun. Our unique take on history has made us one of Europe's best-loved visitor attractions. But now, for the first time, we have arrived in the USA! San Francisco is the perfect venue; filled with history, intrigue and colorful characters.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First I had to come here as I've been to the one in London England and love it. The actor's where amazing, it was like a twisted history lesson but interactive at the same time lol you become a part of the story and fun as you flash back in time loved the underground Boat ride and being locked in the jail cell, was way better then I expected. I recommended this to everyone and I leave the rest to your imagination.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"fun activity"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was expecting some kind of crappy tourist attraction but it was pretty good! & My 4 year old loved it ... although she was disappointed she couldt get on the last ride.. minimum height is 46"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I try and plan our weekend trips to San Francisco in order to entertain our 3 children: 5, 13 and 15. It takes some effort, especially trying to find things to suit the whole family and/or my 2 teenagers. This attraction is very obviously not for young children, so I had my husband take our 5 year old elsewhere and got my 2 older kids very excited for this attraction. I was actually anticipating sharing in something with them that was new and different. While I don't like "haunted houses" with an evil twist, this was not even remotely scary for older children/adults, or even that humorous as others have described. I found myself wanting it to be over as we traveled from room to dull room. The boat ride was so pointless and the drop ride was not fun. Others had pointed that out before I went, so I really was counting on the show to make up for this. Afterwards, my daughter gave me a hard time about how I built their anticipation up for nothing. My 15 year old son said it was really cheesy. Perhaps certain actors or audience members make some shows funnier than others, but I really would pass on this. (particularly if you don't have a Groupon!)

2  Thank jenjram
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We didn’t know what to expect, so we were pleasantly surprised at how interesting and well done this attraction is. Our whole family had an amazing experience!!