This place might have been good 20 years ago. Don't arrive after dark, they lock the front door (no front desk) and if you're lucky you may be able to figure out how to access the lock box for the key to get it. You can call the after-hours person who lives there but he won't be happy to see you. Rooms are much smaller and rattier than they look in the web site. The shared bathrooms are dirty in unfortunate ways. Haight Street is much rougher after dark than I remembered with wandering groups of bellowing drunk street people. The people who work in the cafe during the day are pleasant and helpful, but that was too little too late. For slightly more money you can stay in a real hotel; I strongly urge you to do so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is not your typical hotel! Staying at The Red Vic is more like coming home to family and friends than checking into a hotel. We are a community that values collaboration, participation, and connections. We ask you to fill out a profile so we can share that information about what you're up to with other guests and residents, facilitating interactions and collaborations. This is a participatory space, and we hope it will be a platform for your creative projects and ideas. What do you want to create? The ground floor is a member-supported 3rd space for projects, gatherings, events and activities. There is a communal kitchen that is always fully stocked with food for everyone to use. Guests are also encouraged to attend or host an event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Red Victorian LLC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Victorian Bed, Breakfast And Art
- Red Victorian Bed, Breakfast & Art Hotel San Francisco