Stanyan Park Hotel
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$348
US$222
US$194
US$289
US$243
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Diva(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$191
  • Room Service
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$347
US$272
  • Restaurant
The Orchard Hotel(San Francisco)
US$244
US$238
US$230
US$225
US$553
US$466
  • Restaurant
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
US$488
US$290
Agoda.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$259
  • Restaurant
All reviewshaight ashburygolden gate parkacademy of sciencecontinental breakfastvictorian styletwo bedroom suitewine and cheeseinside roomyogurtpublic transportationstreet sidewine receptionfew blocksucsfwholefoodsfimidnight
Reviewed 23 October 2010

This review is very specific to the purpose of our stay which was not to visit SF but to recover one night between procedures at UCSF. I was worried that it would be noisy since we had a room that faced the street, but there aren't a lot of options in the area, and this seemed like one of the nicer places. It actually turned out to be just right for our needs. It was pretty quiet, comfortable, and there was a grocery store nearby. Some downsides are that parking is difficult (we ended up just using the Kezar stadium lot across the street), and the regular room don't have fridges.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sophlin
Reviewed 20 October 2010

Located on the edge of the Haight Ashbury, the Stanyan Park is convenient to Golden Gate Park (one of the few hotels in walking distance to the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival each October), rapid transit, and is only a block away from Amoeba Records, one of the truly great music stores in existence. Decent continental breakfast, free wi-fi and a very roomy suite: we had the 1.5 bedroom. Helpful, friendly front desk staff. We're already booked for next October!

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank dennisdster
Reviewed 26 September 2010

Booking online weeks in advance for a standard room with two beds for a overnight stay in The Haight/Ashbury area of San Francisco, I was very pleased! My mother had found this boutique hotel and thought it would be fitting.

Lovely staff, we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite with full kitchen, dining room, living area 2 bedrooms and a bath.. it was a well sized apartment. They guided us through the area with a map outlining restaurants and personal notes about each one. Located a block from the popular Haight Street, and right across from the Golden Gate Park. Very nice continental breakfast as well as organizing the airport town car for us. (p.s. the vegetarian indian restaurant New Ganges a few blocks away was such a wonderful experience!) Would definitely revisit Stanyan!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mariegood
Reviewed 17 June 2010

As a disclaimer, I should mention that this hotel is not for those who are looking for yet another cookie cutter hotel with modern amenities, a fitness center, a pool and a business center. However, if you are willing to wander a bit of the beaten path, this hotel holds some interesting surprises [both wonderful and slightly eyebrow raising] Just be aware that if you take a cab or SuperShuttle from the airport, they are going to have a tough time figuring out where exactly you're staying and might take some time to get you there.

The staff at the hotel were really helpful. Particularly the tall blonde woman who was helping my colleagues and me. She was very helpful with providing toiletries when some were missing from our room and, seeing our jetlagged bodies from the East Coast, was very welcoming with suggestions of where to dine or get a drink.

In terms of the room, it felt more like I was staying at a bed and breakfast than at a hotel, per se. The room was neat and the furniture was stunning--nice wooden rolltop desks, a large armchair and twin beds...I felt like I was in an "I Love Lucy" bedroom set. I was also very pleased with the BBW toiletries.The bathroom was significantly better [and cozier] than any hotel bathroom I have ever been in; I felt more as if I was going into my own bathroom than one at a hotel.

The bedding is not very adequate, especially since SF nights can tend to get quite cold. Considering there was no real heating/cooling unit in the room that worked in either direction, it made sleeping a little uncomfortable. In terms of room choice, it's really a choice between two demons: if you get a room off the street [as I had], you really have no view. And put those curtains down when you change because other rooms have a clear view into yours. However, if you get a room on the street [as a colleague did], you will have to deal with the noise of passersby. Even at 2 in the morning. I would take quite and serene over spectacular view any day. The location [right around Haight-Ashbury] can get quite sketchy at night...I did feel slightly uncomfortable walking around at night. However, the hotel does operate on a buzzer-based system after hours to ensure better safety in the area.

The continental breakfast was good and had healthier choices and better pastries than your usual hotel fare. There is also an afternoon tea, which most definitely appealed to my Anglophile instincts. The wi-fi in my room also made me feel less like I was in the middle of "I Love Lucy."

Overall, I had a very pleasant time at the hotel. While there were some minor issues in terms of location and bedding, I did like how close I was to Golden Gate Park/UCSF and could easily access areas west of Divisadero. I would recommend this for college students who are interested in hiking/biking and are used to the twin beds/smaller rooms set-up that is common in college. It's not for everyone, but it's enjoyable for those willing to get into it!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank willworkforhotelroom
Reviewed 31 May 2010

my husband was having surgrery at UCSF, they were vere helpful we were able to walk to hospital and Golden Gate Park. They were able to exchange rooms when my freind came to stay with me during my husbands surgery.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple