Alpha Inn & Suites
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$366
US$243
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Beck's Motor Lodge(San Francisco)
US$250
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$346
US$272
US$219
US$205
  • Restaurant
Hotel Diva(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$190
Agoda.com
US$395
US$386
  • Restaurant
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
US$488
US$290
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$259
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed in Alpha Inn for two nights whilst in San Francisco. We received a good reception, our room was ok however the shower was pretty much the worst I've ever had in my life. It was one puny little stream, the shower head didn't even reach anyway near my head, i.e. Crap.

Here's the problem we had with Alpha Inn:

We noticed that we had been charged once for the room, and again with half the total. After inquiring at the office, we were told that this was an obligitory deposit and that it would be back in our account once we had left.
After travelling in America for the past week, with this not happenng anywhere else, we were confused but let it go. After driving back to LA the next day, we checked the account statement and the money hadn't gone back into the account. I called to ask about it, especially as it was a prepaid credit card and we needed to use the money before we left America. The lady on the phone was unhelpful, and basically told me that we had to call the card company to ask them to ask Alpha to return the money or wait 5-7 days for it to be transfered. We were due to leave 3 days after this call, and called them a day after we had left their accomodations.

From what I have read in previous comments, this "deposit" charge hasn't happened before. So not only have we still not received the money, it being 7 days plus since we called, we still haven't been contacted by these people and we probably won't be.

Do not stay here. They will take your money and give you crappy accomodation. There is no reason you would ever want to or should stay here, apart from the location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank roshyrosh
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I thought the room was a good value for the money at half the rate of the cheapest motels in the area , our room was clean , the people at the front desk were helpful and kind , helping us to maneuver around the city using the city bus lines and taking time to show us things on the map.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2014

In April this year I booked 2 nights accommodation with this hotel - direct on their website. Five days later I emailed to cancel (due to reviews). I didn't hear anything so emailed again. I got a reply asking what dates and replied with those. I emailed twice more asking for confirmation this had been cancelled, no reply. Guessing it had been I let it go. Imagine my surprise when on the first night I had originally booked, I found one nights acc on my visa. I rang them twice & they hung up on me both times. I started emailing and after several threatening emails, plus advising Visa of my problem, I got my refund. Be very careful with this property, he was very rude on the phone before hanging up.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jules540
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This place wasn't too bad from the outside. Check in went smoothly and the manager appeared friendly at first. We got our room key and ventured up to the room. It took a while to manage to open the door but eventually we managed and BAM! The smell hit us. The room stunk like mould and a dirty nappy all in one! We went out very soon after and left the window open to try and air it to no avail. Needless to say, we stayed out as late as we could. The next day we had a full day which again was a relief but one of our days plans required us to print off our ticket, I thought 'why not ask the hotel manager, all other hostels, motels and hotels have helped us with this', WRONG. He firmly said no he wouldn't after I had specified it was only 2 pages...while standing next to the office printer and said there was somewhere 4 blocks away that I was able to walk to. I found this very poor, don't expect hospitality from this place. In the end our opinion was 'overpriced, incredibly smelly, old, unfriendly and again overpriced. The location is fine, not a walk into town but close to a supermarket, Laundromat and buses.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leanne M
Reviewed 15 June 2014

1-the night when we checked in the receptionist was a nice lady.she said we can leave bags in the reception after our checkout next day.in the morning when we checked ou, we spoke with the worse ' menager ' i have ever seen in my life.he said no chance to leave bags!!!.we explaned we have a flight in the evening and we have been in san francicso only 1 day.we especially came to see alcatraz and travel on cable car which wasnt possible to be done with 4 suitcases.Manager said that hotel dont have a leave luggage room but have a room which they dont use at the moment because they decorate it but he will charge us only 50 usd for this !!! My husband said to him that its shocking that he's trying to charge us 50 usd for keeping our bags in empty room and that we've been to very many hotels in our life and nobody ever asked for such money.Manager started shouting on us to leave the hotel pointing the door.
2- Room was old,nothing's been changed there in last 30 years at least.i will never go back there.
Our stay in SF was saved by lovely people from the bar next to this horrible hotel that was called 'buffalo wings'. geat food for great price and lovely staff.these people kept our bags for fre and when we tried to givethem some money for it ,they didnt want to take it. bar for 5*,hotel -10*.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple