This was the last place we stayed on our 8 day trip to Napa/San Francisco. Prior to arriving I was a little concerned because I'd read some not so great reviews about this hotel. REST assured the concerns I had were completely nullified when we walked into the lobby and was greeted by the amazing staff. We arrived early in the morning and the person who helped us didn't have a room ready yet and said they had a special room they were waiting to have ready so if we wanted a room right away they would find one....we said we would wait and boy are we glad we did. We were put in an incredible room with views of the city and a huge tub and bathroom. The hotel is a historic building in San Francisco on Nob Hill and the rooms are all decorated in the style of when the hotel was originally a mansion. The history of the building is really great.
The concierge folks (all of them) are incredible. Great information and great help in getting around the city. We were there for the Cubs vs. Giants series. One tip we got from one of the bellmen was to go to Walgreens (down the street 2 block) and purchase a 3 day unlimited rides for $21 OR 7 day unlimited rides for $28. It allows you to take the trolley which stops right at the top of the hill outside the hotel going both ways (east/west and north/south). Each ride is $6 if you ride without the pass. It also gives you access to the MUNI which is the subway of sorts. It is NOT the BART that is a separate line. You are also able to ride the cable cars which run along fisherman's Wharf area. After walking up the hill to the hotel one time we invested in the passes and rode up the hill every time after that. :-)
The concierge lounge is great too, and the food and snacks good. It has a great view of the city.
YOU DO NOT need a car at this hotel. We returned our rental to the airport and took the BART back to the hotel and then took the transportation above. It was a fun way to get around the city, and once we figured out which way to turn when we got off we were good to go.
I was able to meet Scott the manager who happened to be from Michigan and had been there just a short time, and he was great. I made sure to tell him how great his staff is and how much we appreciated the hotel. I will certainly stay here again when we return to San Francisco.
The concierge arranged our transportation to the airport via shuttle and helped us get tickets to Alcatraz even though they were sold out. He helped us get into The Cheese Cake Factory when there was an hour wait, and they were there at every turn to help us navigate the city. I highly recommend this property and we WILL be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stanford Court San Francisco is fresh, fashionable and at the center of everything savvy visitors want to see and do. Enjoy sweeping views of the city, the bay and the majestic Golden Gate Bridge from our convenient location atop historic Nob Hill. Discover the best of San Francisco's charm and character while enjoying our contemporary boutique hotel as your home base.An ideal location, we are conveniently situated in Nob Hill close to premier shopping, dining, and attractions in Union Square. We are steps to the historic cable cars, a short walk to Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square and the Ferry Building.393 newly-renovated rooms and suites, offering cool, contemporary accommodations. Three cable car lines running directly in front of the hotel, waiting to whisk you to San Francisco’s hottest neighborhoods and landmarks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stanford Court San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Stanford Court Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance San Francisco
- San Francisco Renaissance