Stanford Court San Francisco
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Orchard Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Breakfast included
The Grant Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Breakfast included
The Scarlet Huntington(San Francisco)
  • Pool
  • Room Service
White Swan Inn(San Francisco)
5,034 results
All reviewsnob hillgreat locationunion squarecable car linescalifornia streetgrace cathedralmark hopkinsshower headvery nice hotelbusiness tripbed was very comfortableenjoyed my stayfisherman's wharfvalet parkingthe financial districtfew blocksstreet noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is the first time staying at the Stanford Ct since I used to stay quite often in the early 2000's.The hotel is quite different in it's design and layout, but that is not necessarily bad. The lobby was very nice. A sleek, clean design with an open air feel. The staff were all very nice. My issue was the lack of food options for breakfast. There is a little pasty/coffee area, but the coffee was sub-par and it didn't open until 6:30am. The bar at night was nice, but almost empty both nights we were there. We felt conspicious sitting alone there so we passed on it and went to the Top of the Mark.

The rooms were spacious and bed pretty comfy. They used to room service coffee, but no more. just the standard coffee maker with really awful coffee, so we didn't even drink it. The shower head was so low I had to stoop, but that's not a huge deal.

Overall, not the hotel I remember and the lack of hustle and bustle made it seem isolated. I would likely try other hotels in the area next time I come to SF.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Overall, I thought the hotel was very nice. It was a central location and the people who worked there were very nice. My only critique would be to bring room service back. They have a built-in restaurant, but no room service, which I found surprising.

Food that I had was good at the restaurant. Rooms were great. Loved the bed! So comfortable. And overall, you get the feel of a premier hotel for a cost that won't burn a hole in your wallet.

I would absolutely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for it up front. I always recommend asking the person checking you in if there are any other options they'd recommend that are available.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This is a beautiful, sizable boutique hotel on Nob Hill. The public areas are especially nice, with a number of free computers and lots of seating of all kinds. My room was of a good size for a solo trip. The shower was easy to use, and there was a lot of counter space. Although the room had lovely sheer curtains, I would have preferred heavy drapes instead; they would have helped with the noise from the street, blocked the morning sun, and added some privacy. Service is very good. There is currently no restaurant, but there are many choices nearby. This hotel is at the intersection of the Powell and California Street cable car lines, which is fantastic, because without a ride, it's an extremely steep walk up to the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I would definitely stay here again, very nice hotel and I enjoyed 4 nights here. The room was larger than expected since many hotel rooms in SFO are cramped. Very clean room with a nice desk and comfortable bed. The bathroom was clean as well with tile and granite, but the shower head was a bit low for me (I'm 5'9").
Staff at the front desk was very nice and helpful. I liked that they have 6 computers in the lobby for anyone to use and the hotel wi-fi was fast and reliable. I used the gym nearly every morning, it was clean and the equipment is all in really good condition. They also have a bowl of apples and some headphones there in case you need them.
The location has beautiful views, the only down side is that if you're walking it's at the very top of the hill at Powell and California streets. Going down is easy enough, but if you can't get a cab or jump on the cable car, it's a pretty good hike up to the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Scott_in_Surprise
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is a nice, clean, moderately upscale hotel. I love the location on Nob Hill as it is central to where I need to get in SF. The staff was friendly, the rooms are comfortable (albeit some are quite small), and the amenities are nice (towel warmers, Gloss toiletries, extremely comfortable beds, ample outlets).

The restaurant dining was limited and the area has many options if you are willing to walk a few city blocks. Your only off-site options within two blocks are also in hotels like the Fairmont or Mark Hopkins. Not a big deal for me, because I'd rather explore all the foodie sites SF has to offer than hotel food anyway.

We did have one minor billing issue upon checkout, but it was resolved promptly and courteously upon inspection.

Room Tip: If you are noise-sensitive, get an inner courtyard facing room. If you don't mind a little cable car/city racket, the views of the city are lovely especially at night for the outside, city-facing rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple