I should have thoroughly reviewed everyone's reviews on this hotel before booking. There's no major complaints expect that it sits on top of Nob Hill. I'm not completely out of shape but it was a killer! My husband and I arrived early Thursday morning and when we got there we had to wait a bit (about an hour) for a room to be available. The bed has a feather topper and also feather pillows which I wasn't a fan of but that's just my preference. The bathroom was big enough and there was a towel warmer so that was a plus. This hotel isn't a full service hotel as mention by other reviewers, meaning there's no room service, no spa or anything others may offer. They do have a small dinning and bar area off to the side of the lobby but with service hours (breakfast cut off at 10am and dinner at 11pm). The food was actually not too bad. We dined there for dinner twice as the hills and walking around was killing us. If you do decide to dine there for dinner, do the burger and pull pork. The portions were HUGE and totally worth the price tag. If you miss breakfast there's a little cafe across the way at the Fairmont. Lots of cable cars going up and down. Most reviewers mention that the cable cars are bit nosiey at night but it typically stopped around midnight if you have a room facing the street. The hotel does provide you with ear plugs if needed. I didn't notice it but it was probably because I was sleeping like the dead from my treks up and down Nob Hill.
Chinatown just blocks away
Zip cars available
Not a lot of casual dining in the area (my bad for only bringing bummy clothes)
From SFO to Stanford if you take a cab beware there's an additional $2 charge on top of the regular cab fare. I wouldn't recommend trying to "Bart" your way to the city, but if you do tickets are about $8 for one way and $12 for round trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stanford Court San Francisco is fresh, fashionable and at the center of everything savvy visitors want to see and do. Enjoy sweeping views of the city, the bay and the majestic Golden Gate Bridge from our convenient location atop historic Nob Hill. Discover the best of San Francisco's charm and character while enjoying our contemporary boutique hotel as your home base.An ideal location, we are conveniently situated in Nob Hill close to premier shopping, dining, and attractions in Union Square. We are steps to the historic cable cars, a short walk to Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square and the Ferry Building.393 newly-renovated rooms and suites, offering cool, contemporary accommodations. Three cable car lines running directly in front of the hotel, waiting to whisk you to San Francisco’s hottest neighborhoods and landmarks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Stanford Court San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Stanford Court Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance San Francisco
- San Francisco Renaissance