This could have been the perfect hotel, but it is not. I am so sorry to have to write a bad review, but the attitude of the female concierge was just nasty (the men were lovely), and check in was a joke. Even though I had made the reservation, had the email and phone in my name, because the reservation was in my husband's name they made me sit in the corner and wait for him before I could check in. Is this the 1950s? The front desk told me to call my husband so he could authorize me to check in. I did so, and then they said that no he had to call them. REALLY? He was driving, and they didn't provide me with a number for him to call. I finally texted him with the number. But this was rude, arrogant, insulting and ridiculous. And I was freezing. I never received an apology. BTW, the room amenities were incredibly stingy. A single small bottle of shampoo and conditioner. No cotton swabs, no extra anything to make it nice. Also, it is obviously a business man's hotel and not even complimentary coffee was offered in the lobby. Really stingy place. I guess what can one expect for close to $500/ night. They ought to be ashamed of themselves. Do yourself a favor and stay in Union Square and avoid the hike up the hill for rude treatment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stanford Court San Francisco is fresh, fashionable and at the center of everything savvy visitors want to see and do. Enjoy sweeping views of the city, the bay and the majestic Golden Gate Bridge from our convenient location atop historic Nob Hill. Discover the best of San Francisco's charm and character while enjoying our contemporary boutique hotel as your home base.An ideal location, we are conveniently situated in Nob Hill close to premier shopping, dining, and attractions in Union Square. We are steps to the historic cable cars, a short walk to Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square and the Ferry Building.393 newly-renovated rooms and suites, offering cool, contemporary accommodations. Three cable car lines running directly in front of the hotel, waiting to whisk you to San Francisco’s hottest neighborhoods and landmarks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Stanford Court San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Stanford Court Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance San Francisco
- San Francisco Renaissance