Had a very pleasant stay at the Stanford Court Hotel in San Francisco, it is located at the top of the hill, and so you can get to anywhere either by walking, taking a tram or hopping on a bus. The room was very clean, and nice and bright. The beds were comfortable, and the TV was a reasonable size. We had an inward-facing room, meaning that our view was of the courtyard, however this suited us just fine and there was no noise from outside. Also it should be noted that the wi-fi here really is excellent - very fast with great coverage throughout the hotel, wish more hotels were like this!
This isn't your standard business hotel, it is slightly quirky, which was refreshing, and the hotel is very non-intrusive which can be either a positive or negative depending on what you are wanting (although help is readily available should you need any).
The breakfast is a basic affair, with a selection of cereals and pastries available, although if you want something more substantial there are a variety of nice places to go nearby.
However, one thing I will say is that I didn't think the shower was good enough for a hotel in this price bracket - it was somewhat feeble and should have been much more powerful. For me that's the only thing stopping me giving this hotel a full 5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stanford Court San Francisco is fresh, fashionable and at the center of everything savvy visitors want to see and do. Enjoy sweeping views of the city, the bay and the majestic Golden Gate Bridge from our convenient location atop historic Nob Hill. Discover the best of San Francisco's charm and character while enjoying our contemporary boutique hotel as your home base.An ideal location, we are conveniently situated in Nob Hill close to premier shopping, dining, and attractions in Union Square. We are steps to the historic cable cars, a short walk to Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square and the Ferry Building.393 newly-renovated rooms and suites, offering cool, contemporary accommodations. Three cable car lines running directly in front of the hotel, waiting to whisk you to San Francisco’s hottest neighborhoods and landmarks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and TravelUp so you can book your Stanford Court San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Stanford Court Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance San Francisco
- San Francisco Renaissance