I had stayed at the Omni the night before for two nights, and I have to say for a five star hotel the Renaissance Stanford Court needs some major updating. Our room was fairly small and outdated. For a five star hotel you would think they'd have newer furniture. I didn't like the fact that our room was so far away from the elevator, on the opposite side of the building facing the courtyard, not much view there! The bath was so-so, kind of on the small side. The closet was in the bathroom with the sink area, but the toilet and shower were in a separate room. There was an old TV by the sink which was old and dusty. (didn't bother to use it) There was two turn down service per day. No refrigerator in the room! and there was a charge for internet service per day. However, the concierge was friendly and helpful in planning our trip down to Hearst Castle, and he even booked it for us. Also, the good thing about the Stanford Court is its location, alot more closer to Union Square than the Omni, and three cable cars stop right at its corner. The loading area is inside the court of the hotel which makes loading and unloading very easy because you can park right there and not worry about traffic. The Stanford Court is on one of San Francisco's highest hills and walking down is fun but it is advised you take a cable car back up its 45 degree hills.
Overall, if you don't want to spend too much on a hotel and you like to shop then I would recommend staying here since its pretty close to the shopping area. But there are other hotels closer to the shopping district. If you dont want to pay the hotels outageous parking fee, I'd advise you to park a couple blocks down at the city parking garages for a fraction of the cost. One place is Saint Marys Parking garage on Califonia and Kearny St. for $6.50 on weekend nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stanford Court San Francisco is fresh, fashionable and at the center of everything savvy visitors want to see and do. Enjoy sweeping views of the city, the bay and the majestic Golden Gate Bridge from our convenient location atop historic Nob Hill. Discover the best of San Francisco's charm and character while enjoying our contemporary boutique hotel as your home base.An ideal location, we are conveniently situated in Nob Hill close to premier shopping, dining, and attractions in Union Square. We are steps to the historic cable cars, a short walk to Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square and the Ferry Building.393 newly-renovated rooms and suites, offering cool, contemporary accommodations. Three cable car lines running directly in front of the hotel, waiting to whisk you to San Francisco’s hottest neighborhoods and landmarks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Stanford Court San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Stanford Court Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance San Francisco
- San Francisco Renaissance