“Decently Priced, clean and a wonderful staff”
Review of Adante Hotel

Adante Hotel
Ranked #182 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Decently Priced, clean and a wonderful staff”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I planned a last minute trip to SF and was pleased to find a hotel near attractions I wanted to visit for so inexpensive a price, despite previous remarks of being in an unsavory neighborhood (which I don't agree with at all after being within 2-3 miles of everything in the central city). I truly believed as long as I had a clean room to sleep in I'd be good to go. And for the most part that is true.
I arrived well before the posted check in time and asked if there was any chance of getting into a room early. A man I'm guessing is the general manager told the clerk helping me after a few minutes of checking for a clean room of the type I reserved, to give me an upgrade into one of their "jacuzzi suites". I thanked him, dropped off my luggage, checked to make sure the room was indeed clean and went about my day of adventuring.
Upon returning to the hotel that evening I went to run a bath for my sore feet and found myself disappointed. Not only was the water only tepid at best, but the means to turn the jacuzzi on were missing with a messy hole where they should be. Aside from this unsightly and disappointing feature the room is comfortable and clean.
That being said, The staff, and especially a gentleman at the front desk during the day was extremely helpful and accommodating.
My overall opinion of the hotel is that, while dated and in some disrepair, the room was clean, and it afforded me a safe place to sleep during my stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Heather R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Terrible hotel. Breakfast is a joke. Only muffins. Bread with nothing on. Not very helpful staff. Only good thing is the location. Ten minutes walk to union square.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank duckyduck64

Travellers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Cerritos, California
Reviewed 14 February 2012

A friend and I needed to book a room for a last-minute trip to SF (booked 2 days before leaving!). Everything was so expensive! I booked Adante because it was the cheapest hotel I could find in a reasonable area. We were expecting the worst!

When we checked in, however, we were quite surprised at how nice the lobby was! It had an old school SF vibe that we absolutely loved. Upon check-in the man at the desk upgraded us to a suite. The room was decorated with tropical bird murals (added character) and everything was VERY clean! The bathroom was very nice as well.

The elevators do take awhile to make their way to your floor, but most of the time we opted to take the stairs bc the beautiful old (guessing original) staircase really adds to the Vintage feel.

Location was also very good! We were literally in the middle of everything. About a 7 minute walk to the bus stop and China Town and Union Square are both within walking distance.

The hotel also offers complimentary breakfast. They had fresh muffins, toast, jams, bananas, coffee, and juices. Perfect to grab a couple things and head out for the day.

Absolutely loved our stay and would def. stay here again! Great location, price, and clean rooms!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank CiaoNiks
Lodi, California, United States
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We have stayed here before, rooms are no frill, but we like paying under a $100 for our impromtu trips to the City. New management made up for our last experiance by upgrading us to suite, room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast is sparce, but we always go yo Left O'Douls or The Buena Vista for breakfast, so this doesnt matter to us. The problem was the next day when I found cluster of little bites all over my body. It has been confirmed they are bedbugs, and Im itching like a crazy person. I have stayed at hotels all over the world, and this was my first bed bug experience. I will probobly return, but I will inspect the bed and ask for new linens.

Room Tip: Do not stay in 706!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Amber S
Vilagarcia de Arousa, Spain
Reviewed 26 January 2012

The hotel is being renewed, and of course there're always rooms bigger or nicer than others but all of them are clean, everything works ok. The location is great walking distance from Union Square and Market St from where is easy to move in urban transport. There's a bus right on the door of the hotel also. And near Polk St. where you can hang out. Staff is friendly and if it's true breakfast is not big deal, what do you expect? The elevator is slow, slow, slow, but that's all.
And I highly recommend pizza slices next door (cheap and big) and bagels cofee and some food, next corner walking right.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Perruaviajera
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 31 December 2011

As the title suggests, this is a pretty no-frills hotel. However, if you are on a budget and all you are planning to do is sleep here (and be out for most of the day), this will be good enough.

Location: The hotel is only a few blocks away from Union Square (where there are many shops, restaurants, etc). It is also in close proximity to many bus stops which will take you to different tourist spots (Golden Gate, etc - although you will need at least one bus transfer to get to most of these). It is also a short walk (about 20 minutes) from China Town. Geary Street on the left of the hotel (after a block) is nice, there are many restaurants and shops. However, to the right of the hotel - it gets a little bit sketchier.

Room: Was clean and I liked how there was a ceiling light, rather than just lamps (as has been the case with many of the hotels I've stayed at). There is a timer on the light in the bathroom - i think this is for environmentally friendly reasons. As mentioned in previous reviews, there is no AC, only a ceiling fan, but that was fine for us.

Service: I was not a big fan of the customer service here. The staff behind the desk were often skyping or watching things on their laptops. This did not appear very professional - however, we had no major issues in particular with them.

Other: Wifi is descent, and there is good Vietnamese/Chinese restaurant across the street from the hotel. The food was delicious and quite authentic.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Susan H
Split, Croatia
Reviewed 29 December 2011

The rooms are clean and that is what is most important to me. Breakfast is terrible.. You can not call it breakfast. Stuff was not friendly. They charged my credit card, for some deposit that is unnecessarily to big, without any question and no explanation. But I repeat- room and the price of room are reasonable. And be careful-you can get stuck in an elevator :)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends