“Great hotel for the price”

Super 8 San Francisco/Near the Marina
Ranked #158 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We picked this hotel as it was relatively cheap for this time of year in the location we wanted. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The room was a lot larger and nicer than we expected. The decor was dated but this is expected for the good price. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The free wi-fi was very fast! Also we had a room on the street-front and didn't have any problems with noise. The location was fantastic. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 June 2011

The hotel was nice and clean, although the advertised FREE PARKING was limited to 17 spaces, and they were always full. The hotel staff were not friendly. I had already paid for my stay via hotels.com and they knew because they asked for my reservation confirmation papers. However, when I got home and was checking my account, they had double charged me for my stay. I tried calling both hotels .com and this hotel but I got no answer, hotels.com kept hanging up on my call after making me wait. There was absolutely no answer on this hotel-I was calling before 8 p.m.!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank mjbasa
Reviewed 8 June 2011

We were scared at first cause we didn't know if this place would off been good. We have had bad experience in super 8 in the pass, I can say that our stay in super 8 this time was great. The room was clean and the people were great as well. It just made it so comfortable staying there. A plus they also have room service, witch is great. The most important thing was the price. We will come back for sure. I forgot to say the parking is free! :)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Happy2308
Reviewed 3 June 2011

This place is basic and is run by a rude indian family. It is cheaper than other places but you get what you pay for.

Parking very limited, Internet and breakfast may as well have not been advertised.

Definatly consider something else.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Oztandl
Reviewed 27 May 2011

Rooms were OK, fairly clean and included fridge and a microwave. The value seemed pretty good for San fransisco (alot cheaper than the other hotels)... However the wifi connection was so slow it was impossible to use the Internet. There isnt enough parking for all guests so you either have to double park everyone or park on the street. The hotel advertises breakfast (I think I saw 2 types of cereal when we checked in and that's pretty much it... No seating) Hotel staff were unfriendly and bordering on rude. The hotel is however in a good location for nice restaurants, bars and some shopping.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank TimandLauren
Reviewed 13 April 2011

I stayed here for five nights in early April 2011. The room was beautiful and spotless and had a lot of extra features. I had a huge king size bed with excellent quality linens and an extremely comfortable mattress. There was a flat screen TV, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer, full size closet, nice writing desk, iron, ironing board, very nice clean bathroom and shower, and a good quality combo AC-Heating unit. The breakfast was fine and consisted of cornflakes and another colored ring, kid type cereal, wrapped pastries of different flavors, milk, bread that you could toast in the toaster, orange juice, butter and jam. I took as much as I wanted and no one said anything. There was no smell of any kind and no sign of any bedbugs as mentioned in one of the reviews. There are many motels along the same area of Lombard Street. There is a laundry right around the corner and also a decent supermarket. They have great freshly made burritos for $7.49 that are a meal in themselves. I am a budget traveler to the core and have no desire to pay outrageous prices for a good night's sleep. I am looking for a simple, clean, comfortable room with basic facilities and a good bed. With this in mind, I give this Super 8 an excellent rating in all areas. The Indian lady did seem a bit 'short', but certainly not rude. I found the man to be more sociable and helpful whenever I had a question. Bus number 76 stops very close, but shuts down after 5:30. Other bus lines are near. By all means, pay $3.50 for the large official map of the MUNI system when you get your transportation passport. It is then very easy to figure out which bus/buses to take to get to a particular destination. If you have to hoof it in from Van Ness Avenue, it's a bit over a mile and takes 20 minutes, but it is a flat walk. I believe that anyone who would complain about a lodging like this probably has no business choosing a budget hotel to begin with. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank ELHS220
Reviewed 4 April 2011

This is the cleanest Super 8 I have ever stayed in. Staff was friendly and helpful, though at times difficult to understand. The neighborhood was safe enough for me to walk around at night without hesitation.

Room Tip: Book early in the week. Rates go up starting Thur