“Very nice!”

Ranked #158 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
Snyder, TX
“Very nice!”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at this place. The managers went out of their way to be helpful to us, and they were always polite and friendly. We found the room to be immaculately clean and adequately furnished and equipped. The price was reasonable and included a light breakfast, which was convenient for us. The location is also good; there are several nice restaurants, bakeries, markets and launderies in the neighborhood. Most attractions are within a reasonable distance, but it's in the Marina district, not Fisherman's Wharf. However, it's close enough. As advertised, parking is limited, so be aware of that. Street parking is available, though, free from 6:00 at night until 9:00 the following morning.

Room Tip: We liked our room which was as far back from the street as possible because it was quiet. There was...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Turkish first
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We arrived late at midnight to the hotel, just to find out there was no available parking in this hotel. Front desk said that "first comes, first serve", but we chose this hotel for the free parking, and were so disappointed to find out we had to wake up early after a long trip just to move the car.
The room itself was okay for the price, quite clean but not in good shape at all.
It is close to the Golden Gate bridge, but not at all to the Fishermen's Wharf.
We will not be back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Reutye

Travellers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My family and I stayed here for one night in June 2012. Reasonably priced as far as SF motels go. This motel was build in the 50's (according to the manager) and not much has been done to update it since then. The same night we were staying there another family was staying that also included a disabled person. They too had been unaware that this motel was 3 stories and had no elevator. They switched to a room on the first floor. But that meant 3 adults and only 1 bed. A tradeoff we were not willing to make. The manager offered to let us out of our reservation with no penalty-but it was late and we had driven all day. He apologized profusely and even offered to help us lug our belongings up to the third floor. The room itself was decent. We never saw the hot tub-and didn't want to ask. The breakfast was Costco individually wrapped danish, coffee and 2 kinds of cereal-in the office. While not horrible, I don't think I'd stay here again. It was easy to find, convenient drive to the Wharf, free parking-but very limited and VERY small spaces.

Room Tip: If stairs are any kind of a problem-make sure you let them know when you make your reservation!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night in February 2011. I was able to check-in at this hotel as early as 6am. However, the man who received me told me I had to leave at 11:30 that same day or else I'd be paying another day. My rate was the full rate. No discount. I stayed in one of the rooms next to their small parking garage that accommodated probably 15 cars, more or less. I don't remember the room number but when I walked in, I thought I walked in someone else's room. There was a damp smell and hairs on the carpet. The bathroom lacked the motel appearance, even at Super 8 standards. The sheets seemed cleaned as far as what the eyes can see but I sprayed sanitizer on it. Overall, it was just the worst Super 8 experience I've ever had in my life.

Room Tip: Always bring a sanitizer to sanitize your sheets. Also, bring your own towels. You just never know!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank M B
Reviewed 8 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend in February of 2011. As another reviewer stated it is a bit of a walk to fisherman's wharf. There is public transportation on the next block over so that's not too much of a problem. I would agree with the assessment that it is closer to the Golden Gate bridge if anything. The rooms are decent sized and there is a quite a happening scene on the block next over, but not too crazy. You can definitely get a good meal, and do some decent shopping without having to venture too far out.

As for parking there are a few spaces downstairs, the layout of the hotel is almost like a garden style apartment complex where the middle of the property has parking in the bottom floor. We didnt have a car, but I believe it is first come first serve so you may have to park on the street if you lose out on a spot.

We didnt try the food or anything like that as we were out early and just caught breakfast in one of the eateries around the area.

Overall I would go back to this hotel as it is a bit away from the hustle and bustle of the city but there is enough to do where you dont feel like you are cooped up in your room at night.

Room Tip: If you have a car, make sure you are able to find a parking spot and plan on just walking or public...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nycwbyfan
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I would like to start off by saying that we found this place charming. For the price it
was VERY charming!! Affordable and clean.
We were a bit mislead by the advertisement of it being 'close' to Fisherman's Warf. We were traveling on foot and had never been to San Fran so we soon learned that we had to walk a bit further than expected. Luckily we didn't have much luggage and the two of us are happy to discover a new city on foot! Some people have complained that there was no parking available but I know I did see some under the rooms.
I was really pleased by the location.... and actually happy that it WASN"T in the fisherman's warf area that turned out to be a bit of a tourist trap, plastic Disney land of a place! Off of Lombard St where a lot of trendy restaurants, shops, and bars that we quite enjoyed. We had two really GREAT meals close to the hotel after passing on many disappointing options in Fisherman's warf.
It would be safer to say that it is close to the GGate bridge. We had a nice stroll around the area and watched the sun go down on the bridge. Next to that there was an amazing building and Science center of some sort that we didn't get a chance to go into.
I would go back to this hotel. I read someone else go bed bugs there, but as far as have heard that can happen in a 5 star hotel just as frequently. I found it clean and cute. We enjoyed a nice continental breakfast in the morning that was very tasty!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rebecca P
Reviewed 30 December 2011

There are half the number of parking spaces than there are units. Street parking in the area is almost impossible.

• Stayed December 2011