“sfo getaway”

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Adiari1
There are newer reviews for Super 8 San Francisco/Near the Marina

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed in San Fran for three nights. We were disappointed as this motel said it was by Fisherman Wharf but it was actually by the marina closer to the Golden Gate bridge. It was VERY hard to drag our heavy suitcases up to the third floor. The rooms were standard fare but did have a fridge and a microwave. Very poor water pressure and little hot water in showers. I would really like to comment though on the exceptional service provided by owner/manager Bob. He totally went above and beyond to ensure we were looked after. He helped us to decide on trips and made several phone calls for us. His service made the "average" motel experience much better. Thanks Bob! :-)

Room Tip: There is no pool or fitness centre.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank GtownGirl7
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I would most likely stay here again. Rob at the front desk is a really nice guy. He'll direct you in the right place if your touring the city. My main gripe is the parking. I don't know how they have fewer spots then they do the number of rooms. You may have to park in the street or take the chance of being blocked in by other guests. This is SF so the room is much more expensive then I've payed than anywhere else I've traveled (I.e., New York City, San Diego, Seattle etc). The location is great. You are not in the middle of everything bit you're still close enough. This was my 1st time using public transportation in SF and let me say it is great. I highly recommend. You can go to several places from the hotel by using public transportation. If the parking would be resolved then I would rate this higher, but for me it's a buzz kill.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mindcontrol1
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I had a great time staying there. Not the 5 star hotel but for the price and location I thought it's very acceptable. I arrived very early, way before check in time and they did the best they could to accommodate me. The stuff was very helpfull and very nice and easy going. I had an easy time booking it directly from them as well. I'd stay there again and recommend it to my friends too!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Biggest complaint is the parking lot does not have enough space for everyone in the hotel. It is "1st come 1st serve" which caused me to work all my plans around getting to the hotel early. One night I was forced to park on the street and got a ticket. The location is good, close to the wharf, but without parking guaranteed it makes the location a bit of a moot point. Had to walk and cab everywhere later in the day to get a spot. When I did get a spot, I was blocked in and had to move trashcans to maneuver out of the tiny lot.

Breakfast was a joke. Front desk bordered on rude. Cheap price makes for not the nicest clientele.

On the plus rooms were clean enough and bed was comfortable.

1  Thank Nicholas C
Reviewed 31 May 2014

2  Thank Samantha L
Reviewed 30 May 2014

this room was quite sweet it had a little 'shelf' in the window that you could sit in, and we were able to open the windows and let in fresh air. There were good facilities and breakfast was good. Two complaints the light in the bathroom was noisy and came on automatically at night as you walked in, and patrons were smoking right out side our non-smoking room and the smoke was filtering in under the door not good!!!

Room Tip: the windows are double glazed so when they were shut there was no traffic noise
1  Thank Cuddlefi5h