“Terrible Customer Service”

Super 8 San Francisco/Near the Marina
Ranked #158 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
“Terrible Customer Service”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed at this motel from July 21 - 23, 2014. Upon arriving, the front desk lady sold me two Big Bus Tour Dynamite vouchers. I paid a $30 deposit with the intention of paying the rest ($70) on the Bus. Later, I found out about a cheaper ticket (80 dollars vs. 100 dollars). When getting on the bus, I asked the driver if I may use my vouchers to pay for the 80 dollar tickets as opposed to the 100 dollar tickets. He told me that I may not, but that if I returned my vouchers to the hotel, my deposit would be refunded. When I returned to Super 8 that afternoon, I was told that they have a zero-refund policy regarding deposits and that I was out of luck. I contacted Big Bus's Corporate Office and was informed that they require their hotel-vendors to refund deposits. When I explained this to Bob at the front desk, he became a lot more helpful, taking down my information and promising to get back to me. Over two weeks later, I still have neither received my thirty dollar deposit back, nor word from anybody at the motel. Very disappointed with the owners refuse to refund and provide decent customer service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Harris M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Turkish first
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We planned a trip to San Francisco for the day to tour Alcatraz. This hotel was close by so we parked our rental car in the lot provided and got a cab to the Pier. Although they advertise parking, spots are limited and we didn't want to chance coming back and not finding a spot. As it happened, we arrived back at 8 pm and the lot was full and no on-street parking available either. The hotel room itself was very nice, clean and comfortable. Even though our room faced the street, we had the window open and were not bothered by noise. The manager was very accommodating and the staff courteous. We would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Newfie1963
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Our Stay was from 7/17/14- 7/21/14 and this has to have been one of the worst hotel experiences I've had. When we got there and checked in, we had ordered a jetted tub, got to the room no tub, asked for a correct room, and they had booked all of them, ok it was late and we were tired.. moving on, settled in turned on the AC and about an hour later it made a loud grinding sound and quit working, called the desk, they said there was nothing they could do. Next day, confirmed with the desk, and they said they would get someone to fix it, went out and about, got back late again went back to the room and they gave us a fan..... not happy at this point. They were booked up again and had no options.... go figure... Next morning demanded a room with working a/c and the jetted tub we paid for. They said they would move us into said room while we were out. Packed up our stuff, went out and about... Later that night we picked up the key, went upstairs and A/C worked, Lights didn't and still no jetted tub, (one of the bedsides lights did work, the other and overhead did not,) once again, no jetted tubs available. rest of the stay, nothing changed, at the end of it, asked for a refund for not having a jetted tub, they would not due it...

On top of this they also charged us cash to hold our bags when we got there as it was originally to early to check in. All in all, there are way better hotels for around the same price in the same area.

Room Tip: Skip this hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Cory D

Travellers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hotel is absolutely great for the price you pay! Located on Lombard street which is quite a popular street with bars and restaurants within walking distance! The staff were helpful upon arrival and pleasant throughout our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 22 June 2014

we stayed there for 6 nights and it was perfect. we walked to golden gate bridge, fisherman wharfs, etc. but there is also a bus station some feets from the hotel.
the owners susan and rob are really amazing and give you the best tips what you have to see in San Francisco.
our room was nice and clean... so if we will be in San Francisco again we will stay at super 8 again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Georgetown ON
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed in San Fran for three nights. We were disappointed as this motel said it was by Fisherman Wharf but it was actually by the marina closer to the Golden Gate bridge. It was VERY hard to drag our heavy suitcases up to the third floor. The rooms were standard fare but did have a fridge and a microwave. Very poor water pressure and little hot water in showers. I would really like to comment though on the exceptional service provided by owner/manager Bob. He totally went above and beyond to ensure we were looked after. He helped us to decide on trips and made several phone calls for us. His service made the "average" motel experience much better. Thanks Bob! :-)

Room Tip: There is no pool or fitness centre.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends