“An Average Hotel”

Ranked #203 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
“An Average Hotel”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I found Embassy Hotel to be an average hotel to stay. while Rooms are fine but you feel like to be in a box when you enter inside the hotel. breakfast quality was of lowest standard. It looks like the hotel is just being run without much care. People at reception are really nice and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Rajiv-Naithani

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Reviewed 28 March 2014

In short: This hotel isn't nearly as bad as some of these reviews make it seem. Next to the upper-end hotels in SF it doesn't compare, but I've stayed at far worse hotels and had a quiet, comfortable stay.

I needed to find a room quickly during a visit for work when a mistake meant I was booted out of the hotel I'd originally booked. Because a major conference was in town, rooms were hard to come by and this was the best I could do on such short notice.

The room was clean, the shower had decent pressure, there was in-room wifi, the staff was very pleasant, and there's good restaurants nearby. This was better than any room I've ever had for a similar price in London, for instance, so I was fine with it. Yes, there are plenty of nicer rooms in SF, but I wouldn't shy away from staying here again if I needed to. For the money, it presents a decent value.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Strangebrewfellows
Guerneville
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here we where on the 5 the floor
Nice view it was ok for the aires people where nice to
Not bad price

Like the parking could see my car from window
Will got to put 200 character min this don't have no more to say

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Barbara R
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Was'nt the best but if you have a full schedule in Frisco then staying here is'nt that big of a deal.We spent most of our time seeing what San Fran had to offer and were always too tired to care about all the faults of this hotel. Kind of a place for some shut eye. As long as you get a great deal for a room then by all means stay here.
Staff were great and helpful. Rooms were good. 5 Minute walk to Walgreens and a few restaurants around. TRY BRENDA'S Restaurant just a couple of doors up the road.BLOODY EXCELLENT!!!
Police are always patrolling a lot so we felt quite safe.This area seems to be changing for the better as I met a lot of tourists from other hotels who felt the same way.Good luck,lol.

Room Tip: The higher the better.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bury St Edmunds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2013

going cheap isn't worth it. didn't put cases on floor, very dated, bates motel comes to mind. shocking poverty area, got bitten in bed, cabinet door came off in my hand, very poor breakfast not clean enough. run by 2 Irish women (expected americans) 1 American desk person extremely pleasant and helpful. had 1 nights sleep out of 4 from noise outside, sirens homeless people shouting up and down the street at 3,4 and 5 am. human poo outside front from homeless sleeping in doorway of adjacent bar. ADVICE if you do stay here get taxi direct from and return to hotel DO NOT WALK ANYWHERE from here, not safe surrounded by beggars.

Room Tip: chose a room away from front main road. or go else where
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank appauled2013

Travellers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

San Diego, California
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This is in a bad neighborhood. So bad that the taxis don't really drive down the street, so you need to hike up to a busier street to find one.

There seemed to be one guy working at the whole hotel, so often there was nobody at the front desk, otherwise we would have had them call for a cab. When we first arrived, we had to wait a good 15 minutes for someone to come back to the front desk.

This place is old and rickety, which isn't always bad thing, but when you have yellowing sheets and moldy showers, it is bad.

We were here one night and I didn't unpack anything. I left the luggage up on the desk as I was afraid to have it touch the carpet. Heating appeared to be a radiator, but I do not know how to operate one, so I just put my sweatshirt on.

I think there was a breakfast offered, but in the morning we got ready and CHECKED OUT AS FAST AS WE COULD.

There was one positive note, although I didn't use it, this place had the largest closet I have ever seen in a hotel. It was a full walk in with a full-sized ironing board.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jennifer M
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I booked via "bookings.mapquest.com" ...2.5 stars:
AT THE EDGE OF SKID ROW AREA. STAFF IS NICE BUT INEFFICIENT. Lobby and guest rooms are a nice, art deco. Desk clerk took 45 min to get us to a room though we had paperwork/reservation. Also failed to send us to the no-cost parking lot, even though we'd asked. Mold on wall [which we reported]. Torn and stained bed sheets, which we turned in. "Refreshment Center" labeled in room was empty, as was the space for microwave and small fridge. Bathroom cramped with only a ledge to set stuff on. No movie channels or PPV. Steam heat; no thermostat or air conditioning. Complimentary breakfast was breads, corn flakes and oranges. $210 room that was worth $70 at most.

Room Tip: book somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple