Hotel Stratford is very centrally located by union square so for most who are in town to sight-see or attend a conference, it's a great spot. The rate was very reasonable and probably the best value in the area. The only way you're likely to pay much is less is by staying at a shady hotel or sharing a bathroom. My room was away from the street and thus was fairly quiet. My only gripe is that the bed wasn't very comfortable. I don't consider myself a particularly finicky sleeper, but my back hurt upon waking up having spent 4 nights there. The room was quite small and didn't have a desk, but you unless you need to do work you should be enjoying the city and not hanging in the hotel room anyway. Pretty good free wifi, free (average) continental breakfast, and good front desk staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If travelers were to pinpoint on a map the number one location in San Francisco, it could be right outside the door of Hotel Stratford. Our entrance has become part of thousands of photographs taken of the Cable Car as it heads up the second block of its famous journey over San Francisco's beautiful hillside communities. Guests who want the convenience of being right in the center of the City will enjoy their stay in this European style affordably priced property, with 90 pleasantly decorated rooms, all with the most modern facilities. We await the pleasure of your company be it for Business or Leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Stratford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Stratford Hotel San Francisco
- Stratford San Francisco
- Stratford Hotel San Francisco