I was visiting San Francisco for a conference and the location of this hotel was spot on. Reaching the hotel from the airport was really easy, just take the BART to Powell Station and start walking up the Powell Street until you reach the hotel (takes about 5 mins).
This my third visit to San Francisco and this by far the best budget hotel I've been staying at. Our room was facing away from Powell so the room was really quiet during the night. The WiFi worked nicely and even allowed me to stream video from Netflix in the evening.
The free breakfast was a nice plus, although if you need a proper breakfast, this one might not be fulfilling enough since it only includes some cereal and white bread with coffee and juice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If travelers were to pinpoint on a map the number one location in San Francisco, it could be right outside the door of Hotel Stratford. Our entrance has become part of thousands of photographs taken of the Cable Car as it heads up the second block of its famous journey over San Francisco's beautiful hillside communities. Guests who want the convenience of being right in the center of the City will enjoy their stay in this European style affordably priced property, with 90 pleasantly decorated rooms, all with the most modern facilities. We await the pleasure of your company be it for Business or Leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Stratford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Stratford Hotel San Francisco
- Stratford San Francisco
- Stratford Hotel San Francisco