No cooling or heating in the rooms, we stayed in room 702 which gets the afternoon sun on Powell St an the room gets up to 34 degrees Celsius (melting our Ghiradelli chocolate, and there's no refrigerator either). The window only opens 10cm and the ceiling fan only helps a little.
No hot water comes out the shower head, tried both first night and morning; raised issue with front desk that morning. Problem still not fixed and we still have one more night here. Hot water works fine on tap however.
Only positives are location and that we got a double room. WiFi is also good.
Continental breakfast had poor selection, will be going elsewhere tomorrow.
Will never stay here again, there are other hotels close by at similar prices that seem to offer more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If travelers were to pinpoint on a map the number one location in San Francisco, it could be right outside the door of Hotel Stratford. Our entrance has become part of thousands of photographs taken of the Cable Car as it heads up the second block of its famous journey over San Francisco's beautiful hillside communities.Guests who want the convenience of being right in the center of the City will enjoy their stay in this European style affordably priced property, with over 80 pleasantly decorated rooms, all with the most modern facilities. We await the pleasure of your company be it for Business or Leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Stratford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Stratford Hotel San Francisco
- Stratford San Francisco
- Stratford Hotel San Francisco