Walk out of the hotel, turn right and you're in Union Square. Walk left, you're at the bottom of the Powell and Mason tramline that runs to Fishermans Wharf. So, if location is what you're after, this is first rate. It is what you will be paying for though. The rooms are nice enough but nothing spectacular; we didnt have a shower curtain which was annoying but were only staying for one night and were too tired to complain. The breakfast was a bit meh, toast and cereal and some sweet muffins but compared to hotels I paid half the price for in the middle of nowhere it didnt really compare. That being said, you get what you pay for, and if you're only staying 1-2 nights you're not going to be in the hotel much anyway - is a good cheap place to crash out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If travelers were to pinpoint on a map the number one location in San Francisco, it could be right outside the door of Hotel Stratford. Our entrance has become part of thousands of photographs taken of the Cable Car as it heads up the second block of its famous journey over San Francisco's beautiful hillside communities.Guests who want the convenience of being right in the center of the City will enjoy their stay in this European style affordably priced property, with over 80 pleasantly decorated rooms, all with the most modern facilities. We await the pleasure of your company be it for Business or Leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Stratford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Stratford Hotel San Francisco
- Stratford San Francisco
- Stratford Hotel San Francisco