Having stayed at the Argonaut on a previous trip, we were interested to see how the Tuscan would compare. It did not disappoint and cost less for our 4 day stay. The location is fantastic - a 5 minute walk to the Wharf and close to bus and trolley stops.
Having read previous reviews, we requested a courtyard room. We were given a room on the 4th floor with a view of a partially constructed building. We were not not concerned about the lack of view as we did not intend spending much time in our room but we did wonder whether there would be any early morning noise. Our concerns were unfounded as we did not hear a sound.
The room was a nice size and beautifully furnished. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean with a nice selection of toiletries. There was a fully-stocked fridge with snacks and drinks. Although we didn't use it, there was free Internet access in the room. We did however make use of the PC/Internet access available in the lobby without cost.
The staff at the front desk could not have been more helpful and whilst we did not avail his services, the concierge always seemed to be busy with guests giving info and advice.
The wine reception is a good way to wind down at the end of a busy day sightseeing and also to meet and share experiences with other guests. There was also a gentleman offering massage at this time and we met a few people who had enjoyed his services.
Upon checking-in, we were told that we would receive complementary continental breakfast for each morning of our stay. We do not usually rate these well but this was really nice - a large dish of fresh fruit, croissant or a muffin, juice and coffee. We also ate dinner at the hotel restaurant (Cafe Pescatore) one night. The food and service were both excellent.
The only negative point was that when we booked our airport transfer through the hotel, we were charged $10 more than the going rate.
All in all, we would recommend a stay at the Tuscan and would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1997, Frommer's Guide designates the Tuscan hotel, located just steps from the breathtaking San Francisco waterfront, as "the best hotel at Fisherman's Wharf." This gracious boutique hotel is characterized by its warmth and charm, impeccable service and Italian country villa ambiance. Adjacent to the hotel is the inviting Italian trattoria, Café Pescatore, completing the picture for an ideal stay in the City by the Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Tuscan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western San Francisco
- Tuscan Inn Fishermans Wharf
- San Francisco Tuscan Inn
- San Francisco Best Western Tuscan Inn
- Tuscan Inn San Francisco
- Best Western Fishermans Wharf
- Best Western Tuscan Inn Fishermans Wharf San Francisco