I actually stayed at this lovely hotel last year in May and I loved it so much that when I decided to return to San Francisco this past weekend, the Tuscan Inn was the only hotel I considered and will consider for all future trips. I work for a hotel and travel a lot for business. So I'm VERY picky when it comes to hotels. But no matter how hard I TRIED, I could not find a single thing wrong with this hotel. Rooms were spotless. Public areas were well-maintained and tastefully decorated. All employees - from Front Desk Agents to housekeepers - were always prompt to greet me and ask if I needed any assistance. It was a perfect stay and this is my go-to hotel for all of my trips to the Bay area.
- well-lit exterior and in a safe location. Safety is a big concern for me and my sister. But it was such a peaceful area that I had no qualms of walking to the hotel late at night after a busy day of sightseeing.
- convenient access to public transportation. There are multiple bus stops just across the street that can take you as far away as the Golden Gate Bridge. The maps they give out at the Front Desk are very detailed and helpful.
- Front Desk staff was well informed about the local area. So if the concierge is busy, just talk to the Front Desk Agents instead. They really know their stuff! They can book shuttles, have bus passes available for sale, and can make excellent recommendations for dinning.
- Wine Reception every day from 5-6pm. High quality wine and they are very generous with their re-fills. They even had freshly made pizza from their restaurant for you to munch on. My sister loved the wine reception since it was a great opportunity to meet other travelers and share stories.
- no free breakfast like other Best Westerns. But they do have a restaurant downstairs with yummy food. Other breakfast options can be found next door and across the street.
- close to a busy street but hey. San Fran is a busy city like New York. I find it so silly how people complain about city noise. Like, do they imagine the thousands of cars and people to suddenly become mute after 10PM? The hustle and bustle is just part of the overall character of a city. But if you are a light sleeper, just make sure to request a quiet room (perhaps one facing the courtyard) in advance and they will take care of you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1997, Frommer's Guide designates the Tuscan hotel, located just steps from the breathtaking San Francisco waterfront, as "the best hotel at Fisherman's Wharf." This gracious boutique hotel is characterized by its warmth and charm, impeccable service and Italian country villa ambiance. Adjacent to the hotel is the inviting Italian trattoria, Café Pescatore, completing the picture for an ideal stay in the City by the Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Tuscan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western San Francisco
- Tuscan Inn Fishermans Wharf
- San Francisco Tuscan Inn
- San Francisco Best Western Tuscan Inn
- Tuscan Inn San Francisco
- Best Western Fishermans Wharf
- Best Western Tuscan Inn Fishermans Wharf San Francisco