Based on the reviews here on TripAdvisor, I expected to love the Tuscan Inn, but I have to say I was underwhelmed. The location is good, and the overall decor is nice, but there was nothing that I can really rave about.
This was our first trip to San Francisco (myself, my husband, and two teenage children) and we stayed at the Tuscan Inn for two nights -- a Saturday and Sunday. The first night we had a room on the outside perimeter of the building, facing Mason St., and the street noise was absolutely unbearable. It was not just cars and traffic (which I would understand) but screaming, yelling, honking, and all kinds of commotion -- especially at about 2am, which is when I'm assuming the local bars let out. The noise from inside the hotel was not much better. The walls were paper thin, and my son woke up in a panic at one point because he thought the voices he was hearing were INSIDE our room.
We asked to be moved to a quieter room the next day, and the front desk was very accommodating (I got the feeling this happens all the time). The second room was smaller, with a very inconvenient bathroom layout, but at least it was quieter and we were able to sleep.
We never tried the coffee/tea in the morning or the manager's reception in the afternoon (we were out sightseeing most of the time), though they are a nice touch. Our room rate included breakfast, which was a croissant and fruit at the on site restaurant. It was fine but, again, nothing I can rave about.
Overall, it was a good location, but an average hotel with serious noise issues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1997, Frommer's Guide designates the Tuscan hotel, located just steps from the breathtaking San Francisco waterfront, as "the best hotel at Fisherman's Wharf." This gracious boutique hotel is characterized by its warmth and charm, impeccable service and Italian country villa ambiance. Adjacent to the hotel is the inviting Italian trattoria, Café Pescatore, completing the picture for an ideal stay in the City by the Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Tuscan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western San Francisco
- Tuscan Inn Fishermans Wharf
- San Francisco Tuscan Inn
- San Francisco Best Western Tuscan Inn
- Tuscan Inn San Francisco
- Best Western Fishermans Wharf
- Best Western Tuscan Inn Fishermans Wharf San Francisco