“Smallish room with a view to die for”

Hotel Nikko San Francisco
Ranked #31 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 September 2012

So I wasn't overwhelmed with my room on check-in until I opened the drapes. OMG what a view. I could see all the way to the water. The location was excellent if you are in town for work or a conference, Union Square and Mission ST are a very short walk and for the price compared to what else was available at the time, you really couldn't beat it. I just laid on my bed and stared at the view, who needs TV.

Room Tip: Get one high up with a view. It really makes the experience.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank TurtleCat
NikkoGal, Marketing Coordinator at Hotel Nikko San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

Dear TurtleCat,

Thank you for your review of Hotel Nikko San Francisco. I can’t agree with you more on the breathtaking view. On a side note, we hope you got to see the rest of San Francisco since it has so much to offer.

Please feel free to stay in touch with us through Facebook.com/hotelnikko to get updates on events in the city and specials in the hotel!

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Best,

Marcia Striffeler

Write a ReviewReviews (3,785)

Reviewed 4 September 2012

This hotel is located in Union Square, very close to cable cars and any other transports. The hotel is a luxury one. Always clean. The only thing is you need to pay for any service, nothing is included.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nora C

Dear Nora C,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review on Hotel Nikko SF. We pride ourselves in being located conveniently to a lot of San Francisco’s landmarks and transportation. We continuously strive to keep up with our high standard of hospitality services. For the best deals such as complimentary internet, visit our own website hotelnikkosf.com

Regards,

Reviewed 2 September 2012

I am still staying here at this moment so my review could change over time. My wife and I checked in last night after a day flying across the country. Upon check in we were asked if we wanted to upgrade to a king room over the queen room for 20 dollars a night. I thought about this after being asked 3 different times but never really being told what else this upgrade included (how can i make a decision without any real information) and finally said "sure why not". Let me tell you that the upgraded room is still very small, I'd like to see the original room and see just how small that room is.

The upgrade does not give you access to the Internet service so you will still have to pay up for that, even though it was offered to the couple next to us. It also does not include access to the health club, so you will also still have to pay for that too.

Ordered room service becaue it was late and we did not want to go out looking for food after a long flight. My wife's soup was runny and not very good and my French fries were cold. The food was delivered promptly so there is that.

I have two days left at Hotel Nikko, today we'll explore the neighborhood and maybe try the restaurant in the hotel hopefully things get better. The hotel has a lot of potential but the small headsratchers (pointless upgrades, Internet, and health club fees) keep it from being top notch.

• Stayed: August 2012
NikkoGal, Marketing Coordinator at Hotel Nikko San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Dear Slymm21
I would love to chat with you regarding your stay. Please contact me at 415.394.1146

Reviewed 1 September 2012

Wow, amazing. I somehow found a good last minute deal at Hotel Nikko, and pretty sure it was one of the last rooms available. I had never stayed here despite multiple opportunities to do so. This will now be a must-check hotel next time I stay in SF. I do have to admit, I got upgraded to a suite upon check-in. But the overall quality, cleanliness, furnishings, clean air, white marble, stellar service, etc all made for a beautiful stay.

If you have a couple extra bucks, I do recommend you upgrade to an executive suite. Mine was absolutely stunning, on the corner of the 17th floor I believe. Multiple rooms, elegant furniture like a silk (or something ) couch with tons of pillows, the finest sheets and pillows, multiple bathrooms, huge window - it felt like the kind of suite where Prince Harry would have been caught in the nude with photos showing on on TMZ moments later.

Exceptionally nice service, great location, and one of the cleanest hotels I've stayed in, ever. I will be back again and again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Our room was lovely (king deluxe) and very clean. The internet charge was a little steep, and parking is expensive, but the hotel is in a great location very close to Union Square, bus lines and the cable cars. The staff at the hotel was very helpful - especially the concierge. There is a Starbucks in the lobby, the fitness room was excellent and the pool/hot tub area was very clean. The bed was very comfortable with high quality linens, and our room (16th floor) was very quiet. We had a wonderful stay, and would recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: If you book directly through the hotel, wi-fi is free. Otherwise it is about $20 a day.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear ktmoon,
Thank you for your recent review. We’re always happy and grateful to hear that you’ve enjoyed your stay with us at Hotel Nikko SF. That’s a great tip for future guests here; booking online always guarantees you free access to the internet.

Also, we’ll make sure to pass this review to the concierge team. They love to be recognized for their excellent service. Thank you!

Regards,

Reviewed 30 August 2012

We were on the Nikko Floor (20 & 21); not overly spacious but comfortable room; wonderful bed; nice view of the city; included breakfast Buffet at ANZU which was excellent (lots of variety- Chinese, fruits, meats, cheeses, fish, eggs benedict, potatoes, etc). The hotel staff was courteous; the concierge was helpful; the hotel was quiet and had a homey feeling instead of a rushed, busy, big city feel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Chris F,
Thank you for your recent review. We’ll make sure to pass this review to the staff and concierge; your positive comment definitely puts a smile on our face and helps to continually keep up with excellent services.

Once again, we truly appreciate the time you took to write about us and we would be happy to welcome you again.
Like us on facebook.com/hotelnikko and keep yourself updated on special deals and events in the city.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 29 August 2012

Location is very good on doorstep of Union Square. Various places to eat within 5-10 minutes walk to suit any ones budget. Very cold and impersonal hotel staff with the exception of concierge who was very helpful. Rooms are really small and bathroom is a bit like a closet with a door to match. Overall not a bad 2 night stay but expected a bit more for the price.On a side note I know people here recomend staying at Union Square as FW is too "touristy" but if you are a tourist there is nothing wrong with staying there or Embarcadero.

• Stayed: August 2012