Hotel Nikko San Francisco
US$270
US$185
MysticHotel.com
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
US$217
  • Breakfast included
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$290
US$235
  • Restaurant
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$240
US$235
  • Room Service
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$278
US$242
Omni Hotels
  • Room Service
Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Downtown(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$262
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$534
US$318
US$207
Westin.com
3,860 results
All reviewsanzu restaurantimperial floorpetite queenimperial clubunion squarehealth clubindoor poolper nightfitness centertenderloinan upgradebusiness centerhomeless peoplemini barcable carmarket streetupon check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I travel like crazy for work, so I've gotten pretty picky about hotels. I had to pull an all nighter to get work done, but still managed 90 minutes of sleep in an amazingly comfy bed. The room was clean, had a great shower, everyone was super helpful. Although I didn't have time to use it, the workout area/spa looked enticing and I'd wished I had more time.

I loved that you can get a Japanese breakfast here. It was really quiet. The restaurant's sushi/roll menu was pretty limited, and a bit pricey, but the food was really good. Service was great. They were willing to accommodate me with my laptop since I had to work through dinner.

The location was great. It is walking distance to all the shops and restaurants in Union Square. It is VERY hard to find a cab or get through Union Square on a Friday afternoon, however, so be careful if you have to go to the airport.

The only bad thing I have to say about the hotel was their UPS business center was really difficult to use -- I went in there at 7:45am, and no one came to work there until 8:05. In the meantime, all their printers and copiers were shut down, even though they claim it was 24 hour access for guests. Not so. It took me 10 minutes to figure out how to turn on the machines and start them up. Need a stapler? Forget it. It is locked in a drawer and even the guy who works there struggles to get it out.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
NikkoGal, Marketing Manager at Hotel Nikko San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Hello tributor,
Thank you for your recent review and for loving Hotel Nikko. I am happy that you enjoyed your business trip with us and our staff and restaurant gave you a nice impression. We apologize for any inconvenience you had with the UPS business center, I will deliver your comments to our staff and improve from it.
Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to see you again at Hotel Nikko.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights with my parents on a recent trip to the US. On arrival we got a discount upgrade to a suite which was lovely and spacious.

Service was impeccable during our stay. We had club lounge access for breakfast and evening canapes/drinks - the breakfast is more extensive in the downstairs restaurant so you should go there instead. Gym is fantastic.

Hotel is few minutes walk to Union Square and convenient for cable cars to hop around San Francisco. Plenty of restaurants in the surrounding area which concierge will point out to you on a map if you ask, and it is only a short walk to the Westfield as well - love those spiralling escalators!

We ate at the hotel restaurant on the last night for dinner before going to the airport. It was Japanese fusion food, very nice if a little pricey but that's to be expected for convenience. Starbucks in the hotel as well open till 11:30pm I think so that is handy if you need a late night snack or coffee.

Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Hello budge185,
Thank you for your five circle review and for staying with us during your trip to the U.S. We are so glad that you and your parents enjoyed the upgraded suite, imperial lounge, gym and our amazing restaurant, ANZU.
We appreciate your time to write us a review and we hope to see you again soon.
Best regards,

Reviewed 30 July 2013

The Hotel Nikko is a 23 floor hotel one block away from Union Square. The receptionist was very friendly and we had a room on the 20th floor with great views over San Francisco bay - but so high up unfortunately so as to see the fog which envelopes San Francisco during the summer.

The hotel lobby is large and marbelled but lacking in character. We went to the bar to have a cocktail one night and the barmaid was larger than life!!

The buffet breakfast was an interesting choice of American or Japanese food.

The indoor swimming pool area was disappointing and shallow in one end. However, this hotel is one of the few in downtown SF to have a swimming pool.

This was our second visit to San Francisco and we were glad to have stayed downtown this time rather than in Fisherman's Wharf. I believe that SF is a wonderful city, but it does have a big problem with homelessness. The cable cars are a must, but unfortunately the queues were often over an hour long, and often in a cold wind. As Mark Twain allegedly said - 'The coldest winter I ever had was a summer in San Francisco'! We cycled over the Golden Gate and had a very warm afternoon in Sausalito, which is just the other side of the bay!

Room Tip: Choose a room on one of the top floors for a wonderful view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
NikkoGal, Marketing Manager at Hotel Nikko San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Hello Cofi,
Thank you for your recent review. I am glad that you stayed at Hotel Nikko and enjoyed your second trip to San Francisco. Summer in San Francisco can be cool, so it is best to pack a jacket. Our swimming pool is designed for swimming laps and is one of the few indoor pools in the city.
We hope to welcome you back to Hotel Nikko again soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

I highly recommend this hotel when you stay in San Francisco. I enjoyed the view, excellent staff, ambiance, bell service. The room was very posh, wonderful bed linens and towels!!!! Just a delightful stay!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Have stayed at the Nikko several times this year and has always been a terrific experience. Perhaps not as not well known as other major brands as most their properties are in Asia however do not miss out on this hotel because of that.

The staff are really friendly and professional across the board from valet to front desk, housekeeping, the restaurant, have never encountered an unfriendly face. Rooms are great, good size, many with fantastic views. Perfect location, only 2 blocks from Union Square, close to financial district, Chinatown and easy access for transportation - cable cars, F line, BART etc...

Had lunch at ANZU and was really good, one of the best sushi restaurants in the city and drinks in the lounge, great service and cocktails.

The gym looks like it is new, lots of excellent equipment, pool and Jacuzzi (did not use) but this is a rarity in San Francisco.

Highly recommended hotel, my go to place in San Francisco.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Hello Salthillhalli,
Thank you for your perfect score and making Nikko as your first choice during your trips to San Francisco. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service and amenities during your stay. We love your comments regarding our staff and the cuisine in ANZU. May I suggest that next time when you come back please check out our website for our amazing San Francisco hotel and vacation packages.
Thank you again for your review and for loving Hotel Nikko, we look forward to welcome you again.
Warm Regards,