“Perfect for SFO”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Aguascalientes, Mexico
“Perfect for SFO”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Location couldn't be better in the heart of SanFrancisco, the hotel has everything that one could possibly need, rooms are kind of small but I think all hotels in San Francisco have small rooms.
Many reviewers complain about how expensive it is to use the swimming pool, they only charged me $20 for the entire length of my stay so, if you'll stay just one night then it is expensive, but who goes to San Francisco to swim in a hotel?
Not too close to the Nikko, in the Japanese district of SFO one can find the Kabuki SPA, simply amazing! I'd return to SFO just to visit Kabuki again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
NikkoGal, Marketing Manager at Hotel Nikko San Francisco, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Salvador S,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are so glad to hear that you were pleased with your swimming experience and enjoyed all amenities in the hotel. We are also glad to hear that you were able to explore the city a little bit and enjoy Japantown. We hope you will come back and visit us again soon!
Marcia Striffeler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (566)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Loved this hotel from the minute we pulled up in our cab. We were greeted by friendly staff, and really nice front desk staff. Room was amazing on one of the highest floors, great size mini bar and bathroom! Location is so close to union square and cable cars. We had a lot of fun here and definitely and amazing experience; will be staying here again! A bit on the noisy side at night but anywhere you stay in San Francisco is.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
NikkoGal, Marketing Manager at Hotel Nikko San Francisco, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Vinee S,
Thank you for your wonderful five circle review. We really appreciate all of our guests comments and really love to read such positive reviews like yours. We are so glad to hear that you felt great walking into our hotel of happy staff. We are also thrilled that you enjoyed your guest room and the amenities in both the mini bar and the bathroom. We look forward to having you back again!
Warm Regards,
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This hotel was a wonderful surprise. Elegant, comfortable, and wonderful. The staff was as helpful as could be. Room service was quick and tasty. The beds were extremely comfortable. In addition to all of this the location was fantastic. Right down town but not ON the square. Convenient to every thing including the cablecar. Could not have been better

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear coleendear,
Thank you for your wonderful five circle review. We value all of our guests comments and appreciate all of the positive comments you made about your stay. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the comfortable beds and room service that was quick and delicious. It is also great that you were pleased with the location. Please come back and visit soon!
Wallace, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed here last week. Hotel is nice, clean with friendly staff. Located near shopping and easy walking. Rooms were nice.Not that far from a seedier section, and when I took a walk early one morning, a street gentleman was relieving himself on the mailbox next to the hotel(not a great way to start the day, but I GUESS WHEN YOU HAVE TO GO, YOU HAVE TO GO)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear hyeykysy,
Thank you for your comments. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the clean property and friendly staff. We are also glad that you found the location close for walking to shopping. Your early morning encounter is a shocker. The city is working on this issue and clearly has some work to do. We hope you will come back and visit us again soon!
Brandon, Mississippi, USA
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for the National Realtor conference. The hotel was nice. All of the common areas were kept clean. Most of the staff members I came in contact with were nice. The room we got was a corner room that was a good extra. If you can, try to get one of those rooms. Half of the walls were full size windows. Bathrooms were nice size, and the beds were pretty comfortable.

It cost $20 to use the gym during the stay. I personally thought this should be included because the hotel is not cheap. It may be included if you aren't on a conference rate. It was worth the $20. The gym was clean and had everything you need for a workout. The indoor pool and hot tub were also a nice feature.

I'm normally not a fan of dining in hotels, but restaurant ANZU in the hotel was rated good on both google and open table. The restaurant would get a 3.5 star rating from me. It was good enough to go back to but nothing special.

I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Wally C,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your beautiful corner room. We are also thrilled that you took advantage of the spa and health center and found it very enjoyable. Thank you for also giving Anzu a try and we are glad that you thought it was good. We hope you’ll come back for another visit so that we can wow you in Anzu and hopefully provide another wonderful hotel experience.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Hotel Nikko was just awesome!its location is just perfect!very well connected. the staff is very friendly and rooms are spectacular!the indoor pool was really nice because it was quite chilly oustside. The frisco train stop was about a minute away from our hotel. we got the most out of our trip because we booked in a bundle and saved quite a bit of dough. we did not rent a car because in my opinion it only adds to the hassle of paying for parking, tolls, gas, insurance, worrying about getting into a fender bender with the downtown traffic, and just the idea of driving in a busy downtown setting is so stressful. not at all holiday like. so skip the rental, and use public transportation, walk alot, and bike alot! thats what we did and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves by the grace of Allah. it was awesome! I highly recommend the hotel and the city, we are planning to head back there! hehehe

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Ind0Pk,
Thank you for your fabulous five circle review. We are so glad to hear that you had a wonderful experience with our staff, location, rooms, and indoor pool. We also loved reading about your very active experience exploring the city via foot, bike, and public transportation. Of course we love hearing about guests who love our hotel but we also love hearing when guests fall in love with our city. We look forward to having you back for another great stay.
Warm Wishes,
Aptos, California
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I paid for my room in full through a travel site. When I checked in, I provided my credit card for incidentals.

I dropped my key off in the express checkout box when I departed early the next day.

Somehow they took that as an opportunity to charge me for my room AGAIN. Mistakes happen, but where the hope of maintaining customer satisfaction lies is how the mistake is handled. This is where this hotel failed.

When I sent a message to the hotel, they did not respond. I sent a customer survey and that went unnoticed as well.

This hotel needs to work on their administrative customer service in a major way before I would ever consider staying with them again.

Now I have to waste more time doing battle with my credit card company to dispute the charge. Not happy.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank meghanzz
Dear Meghanzz
An error was made and corrected, but not in a timely manner. I sincerely apologize. Your credit card has been credited so you do not need to battle with your credit card company. These events are rare. In the future, the best way to have a charge removed immediately is to speak directly to a Front Desk Manager.

I apologize that we let you down. We will use this as a "eachable moment" so that it does not occur again.
With warm regards