“Hotel with an Asian Flair”

Hotel Nikko San Francisco
Ranked #33 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We spent two nights at Hotel Nikko during a recent visit to San Francisco. It is in the "heart" of Japantown. The room is on the small side, but quite clean. The king bed was very comnfortable and the city views were great. The bathroom is the focal point, with a traditional Japanese stool and a soaking tub.

Room Tip: An upper floor affords better views.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ibfinetwo
NikkoGal, Social Media-Community Manager at Hotel Nikko San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

ibfinetoo hello!
Thank you for a 4 circle rating we're glad you enjoyed your stay. See you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Nikko San Francisco

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I think I just found my regular hotel for all of my San Francisco trips, business or pleasure. Restaurants are well decorated, and offer fantastic choices if you choose to eat or drink on site. If not, you are a short walk from Union square, and a comfortable walk to China Town or North Beach. Beds are uniquely arranged and the beds are the best I've had in SF. Bathrooms are amazing, and the towels are very soft to the skin. Only complaint is the fitness area and pool are at an extra cost. But still wont keep me from rating the property as Excellent.

Room Tip: Spa and pool are an added charge. Parking is pricey, but it is San Francisco.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erichooter

Erichooter,
Thank you, Thank You, Thank You! You made our day with five stars and the magic words" your new, regular San Francisco Hotel."

Hurry back and when you do take a look at tha good value if you decide Special Packages on the Hotel Nikko website for deals on upgraded rooms and that include amenities. Also the Health Club/Gym charge is a flat rate, $20 for the entire stay, so a good value if you decide to do an add on instead.

Best,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here for seven nights in May of 2014. By the end of my seven nights I was ready to be home. The room was not overly large, but was not the smallest room I've stayed in. The staff was very helpful and very polite. The hotel was a few blocks away from the Moscone Center, where I was attending a conference. It is also within a couple blocks of the trolley, trains, and bus stops. San Francisco mass transit is a little confusing, so I was glad to have the concierge at the hotel to help.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

bencurry hello!
We're so glad we were able to be your home away from home during your May visit. Thank you for taking the time to share with us that the staff at Hotel Nikko were very helpful too. We appreciate your 4 circle rating.

All the Best,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I attended a conference at this hotel. Everything I wanted to do was within easy walking distance of the hotel. The room was large and nicely appointed with a great view of the city. The employees were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Pat G.!
Thank you we're so glad we added to your conference experience AND exceeded expectations. We hope you'll return for a visit for business or pleasure soon.

Happy Travels,

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Clean, quiet, respectful and friendly staff, great amenities, perfect location walking distance to everything, I loved my stay there and would go back with my family next time I am in the Bay area.
I also liked their bar/lounge, had various selection of wine and cocktails. Overall, a very nice discovery!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
NikkoGal, Social Media-Community Engagement Manager at Hotel Nikko San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Leila D.,
We are so glad you discovered Hotel Nikko too! Thank you for the ultimate in compliments the referral to your friends and family and the 5 circle rating!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I arrived at SFO well after midnight on a weeknight and drove to the hotel without a problem. Parking was easy (note that the entrance on O'Farrell street was closed at that time of night so we had to circle the block to the hotel's parking garage/valet on Ellis/Mason) and the attendant and staff were extremely cheerful and had our bags out in no time. Knowing how tired we would be after flying from the east coast we specifically looked for a hotel with on-site parking (I believe around $60). Check-in was a breeze. Our room was a corner room on a lower floor and while I can't see any more than 2 people in the room, it was perfect for our needs and very clean. We had a great night's sleep and in the am the concierge was helpful in directing us to some site seeing before we drove on to Napa. One glitch-there was an issue with the wireless. While it wasn't resolved during our time there, I have to say staff did reach out to check in with us to see if service had been restored. Overall we were very satisfied with the hotel and would stay again if we had more time in San Fran.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
NikkoGal, Social Media-Community Relations at Hotel Nikko San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Lauren 2212,

Thank you so much for your wonderful 5 circle review! We're so glad you discovered Hotel Nikko, please return to visit us soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Wow. I was really blown away by how beautiful the lobby was. The bathroom in my room was also very pretty and clean! the room was small (probably normal for cities--I was a single so no problem for me--wouldn't have been good if I had my family) and had no wall art (weird). Overall, definitely highly recommend. Staff was very friendly and competent. oh and the beds and pillows were AMAZINGLY comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
NikkoGal, Social Media - Community Engagement Manager at Hotel Nikko San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

P. Deldo Hello!
Wow, we love it when we exceed expectations. Thank you for the 5 circle rating for Hotel Nikko.

When you return take a look at the Special Packages section on our website, where you'll see there are also varying room sizes and inclusion of amenities.