Mystic Hotel
US$576
US$222
  • Pool
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$432
US$215
  • Room Service
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
US$220
  • Breakfast included
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$214
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$421
US$209
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$280
  • Bar/Lounge
US$328
US$266
Westin.com
  • Room Service
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$296
US$454
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
1,151 results
All reviewsburritt roomcharlie palmerlive jazzjunior roomunion squareexposed brickboutique hotelyogurtfree breakfastgarbage trucksrooms are smallstarbucks coffeedirectly across the streetwater pressurean older buildingstreet noisestay in san francisco
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This hotel is a little further north from Market Street/ Moscone Centre but it is about 10 minute walk from the Bart station and the shops. Close to China Town. The staff at the reception were friendly. Elevator was a bit slow and there was only one, but while I was waiting I grabbed a glass of lemon/lime water in the reception which was refreshing. Stairs were totally manageable and I used those when I had no luggage. Room was clean, bed was comfortable, shower had reasonable pressure and it was quiet. Wifi was free and signal was strong. Bonus to have complimentary breakfast - hard boiled egg, fruit, cereal, yoghurt, organic tea, coffee, quiche, pastries, bread etc. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank lemonloaf
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I'm a bit surprised by all the positive reviews of this hotel. Perhaps if I was staying one night to see the sights this hotel would work, but for a business traveler looking for topnotch comfort and customer service, this is not the place.

I'll start by saying that this hotel was among the most reasonably priced when I booked my travel, and I suppose you get what you pay for. I'll start with a quick list of pros and cons, then I'll share my experience more fully below.

Pros:
Location
Price
Cool design, albeit a bit cheap
Breakfast is included (but they could do a better job)

Cons:
Rooms were stuffy with quirky heating and no a/c
No screens in windows in first room (#611)
LOUD! Avoid rooms that face alley or placed near bar/elevator
No toilet seat in first room (#611)
Front desk staff is hit or miss (mostly miss)
Blood-stained shower curtain in new room (#814)
Super-loud heater
Elevator is a dinosaur and took forever
No chair at the makeshift desk, bad for business traveler

I was originally placed in room 611, a room facing the alley. The room was stuffy and offered no air-conditioning — when I went to open the windows, I discovered they had no screens. The bathroom also didn't have a toilet seat cover, so everything I tried to fit on the small shelf above could easily fall in. Further, the "desk" didn't have a chair — not awesome for a business trip.

As previous reviewers have mentioned, you DO NOT WANT an odd-numbered room facing the alley. My first view was of a gentleman sitting in the alley shooting drugs — not the hotel's fault, obviously, but it doesn't bode well. In the middle of the night, I was awakened by people scavenging through the dumpsters, then awakened again intermittently from 5am-7am by trash removal, etc. AWFUL!

The front desk management first told me that the hotel was full and I couldn't change rooms. However, when I threatened to check-out and not stay the remaining three nights, they found me "the quietest room in the hotel" (room 814).

The room was much better — quiet, spacious and acceptable. However, I had to call the front desk and ask that the blood-stained shower curtain be replaced. Oh, and they also said they would move my bags from room 611 to 814 — but that didn't happen, and I had to call the front desk hours later. But, hey, at least this toilet had a cover.

Lastly, and this is just a personality thing, but the woman who works in the evenings is not my cup of tea. She is loud, talks over guests and clearly thinks everyone who is staying at the hotel is an idiot. I believe "brusque" is the word I'm looking for.

I'll take my chances with a different hotel next time I'm in town.

Room Tip: Avoid odd-numbered rooms!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank downgirl06
Reviewed 25 January 2014

This is a very nice hotel to stay at....central and comfortable. Having stayed there on two other occasions, we thought we would return for a third time as we are frequent visitors to San Francisco. However, the third time is booked for June 2014, and I need to cancel one night of a 5 night refundable booking. The confusion came about when I decided to add another night which was not refundable. That was OK except that the customer service officer of the 3rd party I booked through combined both transactions to make them non-refundable. Even if that doesn't make sense to you, all that is necessary to know is that when I rang the hotel to explain my predicament I was told that I chose to go through a 3rd party and they were not responsible or prepared to listen AT ALL. Stacy got quite aggravated on the phone and hung up on me....NICE! When the 3rd party rang and spoke to Ellie, the 3rd party was hung up on also....I am not saying the refundable/non-refundable issue was the hotel's fault and I believe the 3rd party will sort it out. However, the customer service of 2 of the hotel staff was unexpected, unnecessary and inappropriate. It's scary to think that any place of business has the license to treat their customers in such an aggressive manner, especially when the guest has paid for the 6 nights in advance and only wants to cancel one night from the refundable portion.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Suzanne H
Reviewed 19 January 2014

This is not the Marriott or Hilton and that's a good thing. This is a small boutique hotel that gets everything right. Staff have been very attentive and efficient. Every request I made was handled quickly and correctly. Bed is comfortable and room size is decent. The price is great for San Francisco although if the price goes up much higher, I would have to look somewhere else. The continental breakfast was very decent - 2 kinds of fruit, 2 kinds of cereal including a great granola, 2 kinds of very nice pastries and the usual bread and bagel Even the coffee was good. Also glad that they have fast and free wifi. That's a minimum entry point for hotels these days and it works well.

So if you crave big hotel excitement and services, don't stay here. If you like a great value and great location in a clean and comfortable boutique-style hotel, then this is the best place I have found in SF.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on a higher floor and one with good wifi service.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Erik W
Reviewed 19 January 2014

stayed 5 nights early jan was easy to find after long drive from la we were greeted at reception by stacy who i must say did everything possible to make our stay as pleasant as could be the breakfast was amazing value once again i will mention stacy as a great asset to the hotel

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple