Hotel Beresford
The Donatello(San Francisco)
Taylor Hotel(San Francisco)
Post Hotel(San Francisco)
View Hotel
White Swan Inn(San Francisco)
  • Breakfast included
Petite Auberge(San Francisco)
  • Breakfast included
1,239 results
All reviewsunion squaregreat locationsutter strooms are smallbudget hotelolder hotelcontinental breakfast iscable carvalet parkingtwo blockspublic transportfisherman's wharfmarket streetferry buildingcerealsfcars
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 June 2012

The worst hotel ever, staff very rude, hotel dirty, old and very noisy. Room very small, claustrophobic, sheets too small for the mattress, bathroom small and tap heads not working. Heat radiators turned themselves on in the middle of the night creating a hot and stuffy room. We had breakfast included in our price - don't bother they served food that was stale and fruit was rotten. Disgusting. The worst was the cannabis smoking guests next door which stunk the whole floor out. This made us check out a day earlier. The hotel staff were rude and angry that we were checking out earlier despite the fact that we still paid for that extra night. They did not understand why we were leaving when we explained to them the issues.
Overall, this is a very low quality hotel that is very expensive and no value. Very disappointed and do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Happy T
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Upon entering hotel headed for reception , front desk did no acknowledge me kept on working , finally checked me in said bell boy has your key , no intro nothing rude just sign here,

Hotel is worn out , staff are rude ,rooms are basic, and costrophobic.

Location is great , at 150 a night would have preferred spending an extra 50 stayed somewhere comfortable.

Stay away from here

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I stayed here recently just one night, on the way to Yosemite National Park. I was looking for a good price and convenient location. Overall, it was a good choice. I paid $119 for 1 night, which, for the Union Square location, is a really good price. The hotel is not new, the rooms are small, and do not have top notch amenities. Still, if you are looking for function over form, and a good price, I would recommend it. It's a great location - walking distance to all Union Square destinations, and to the Powell street cable car line.

I skipped the included breakfast (it's not much, and is served in the White Horse bar) and headed straight for Sears on Powell street. I found the staff pleasant and accommodating, and the $24 a night valet parking is reasonable for San Francisco.

I rated an overall 4 stars only after factoring in the price. It's more a 3 star hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank TravelPeteGA
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We just checked out of the Breseford San Fran (sutter street) and unfortunately the staff where no better then when we checked in. I had to duck off down the street to pick up our hire car and the porter just watched my wife struggle with our bags. Then after my wife met me out the front of the hotel the porter then walked outside and spat straight across her path. The rooms are very old and tired and the bed is the worst thing I have ever slept on. The only positive thing I could say about the hotel is the house keepers were nice saying hello when passing them in the hall. Our rate was advertised as breakfast included but I dont know why they bother. The fruit was old and soft, pastries were stale and you were given paper plates and plastic spoons to eat whatever cereal was left. Overall terrible 4 nights and I would never enter the place again. Ps wifi dropped out every 2 mins and we hardly got a signal in your room and the staff were the worst I have ever encountered.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed 16 June 2012

My window was fully open for 2 days with temps in the 60-70's. I did not hear a sound from the street below. Amazing, very quiet stay. Older hotel. Valet is wonderful, but the front desk staff leaves something to be desired. Price point is appealing including parking.

But... the last night there the radiator turned on by itself, ghosts?

Room Tip: Top floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple