Hotel Beresford
US$395
US$253
  • Pool
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$388
US$368
  • Room Service
US$302
US$272
US$222
US$194
  • Room Service
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$259
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$317
US$255
US$284
US$256
US$591
US$500
  • Restaurant
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
US$472
US$251
US$359
US$307
1,247 results
All reviewsunion squaregreat locationsutter strooms are smallbudget hotelolder hotelcontinental breakfast iscable carvalet parkingtwo blockspublic transportfisherman's wharfmarket streetferry buildingcerealsfcars
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

I am a solo traveller and chose the Beresford as it was a little less expensive than other hotels in SFO. I wish I had paid the little extra. Upon arrival I was greeted warmly and was assisted with questions. Check out was dismissive & rude. I was on a non smoking floor but the smoke from other rooms came through the vent in the bathroom so I kept the doors closed at all times and removed the towels. Housekeeping was excellent, bed was comfortable and shower was hot. Easy to find your way around for a walk and a tour. Free wifi on the first floor only!
The rooms were small but comfortable size and I cant stress enough how clean it was!!
The only bad taste left in my mouth was my checkout no greeting just charged my card and dismissed. The younger guys at front desk were wonderful so a big thanks to them.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 October 2013

The best things are: very clean room and bathroom, very sweet and friendly staff, comfortable bed, and the central location.
Minuses are: the extra taxes you have to pay in the US - what a bummer - so the room was $175 instead of the advertised $149. Also I had chosen that hotel because it had breakfast but the breakfast was almost not worth having - pappy "croissants" etc., no food with any substance and running out of hot water for tea and not replacing it. I ended up buying breakfast somewhere else on my last morning.

Room Tip: I would recommend not getting a room overlooking Sutter Street as there are people yelling and carousing till one in the morning - I could hear them even with earplugs in.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Really impressed with this hotel. Good sized, comfortable room, friendly helpful staff, and a well stocked bar!
Situated 5-10 minutes walk from China town, and a couple of minutes from Union square, where you'll find Tiffanys and Macys.
Only reservations - no Wi-Fi in rooms - only in a lounge near reception, and a very limited breakfast selection.
No pool, but a small fitness room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Hotel Beresford was a good choice for two senior women. Rooms were clean, friendly helpful staff, excellent location for walking to Union Square shops and cable car. Value was good for the price.
The breakfast was disappointing though. It was sparce but they did have cereal, croissant/muffin, fruit and orange juice/coffee. It did hold you over until lunchtime.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room( it will not have a view but we were only there to sleep)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank irishlass75
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Nice location but hotel very tired and out-dated. Lots needed to be done to it to clean it up. Beds were comfortable and room neat & tidy. Breakfast is served just off the reception area and whilst the food, which is a continental breakfast, was good they continually run out of stuff but hardly ever replace it, for example no plastic knives for two days. I guess you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: We heard air conditioners all night on adjacent building, but not sure you can avoid this
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple