“Nice hotel but.....”
Review of Hotel Beresford

Hotel Beresford
Ranked #139 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My husband and I have been staying here all week and up until last night it has been a pleasant place to stay. Last night and tonight I have been kept awake by a female 'entertaining' clients in the room next door. I would have called reception about her but I heard her say they let her stay here and that they know about her. We'll be putting in a complaint with reception when we check out. We'll see what they have to say about the situation then.
This hotel is well located and near some nice restaurants and the staff are all friendly. I would have recommended the hotel highly but after the last two nights I would say visitors beware.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Lynne M
There are newer reviews for Hotel Beresford

Reviewed 8 May 2014

My fiancé and I stayed here one night when we were on the west coast for a wedding. The room was nothing great and the bed was not that comfortable, but we only slept in the room and then were out sight seeing. If you are looking for a nice weekend getaway I would not recommend this hotel, but if you are looking to see San Francisco on a budget, this place is good. I would recommend asking for a room that is not near the pub. Our room was right across from it and at first was loud, but once we fell asleep we didn't hear the people, but we were very tired and are pretty sound sleepers.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rachael S
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This hotel has a lot of charm! Brings you back to what would have been life in SF several decades ago.
I would recommend it for its good location - just 2 blocks away from Powell and the street is not as busy.
Friendly staff too!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JustJulie58
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Somewhat small room but well worth it as it is a great location and compared to S.F. hotel prices, reasonable.
Service was very helpful. Helped us with directions, transportation and restaurants.
Very clean and close to cable cars.
Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Instead of waiting in long lines for cable car at turn around, go to 1st. stop. Desk will help you...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MassarelloFamily
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed here for four nights in early April. The room, though not big, was comfortable enough. The bathroom was very clean and orderly. The general atmosphere of the hotel is rather charming, with breakfast served in a place that doubles as tavern in the evening. I enjoyed the confortable bed most of all. I missed a desk in the room....but then I think these rooms were designed before the days of mandatory laptop. Wifi is free and very dependable. Elevator is slow and small, because it is quite old too, but I felt this added to the general turn of the 20th century California spirit.
It is a very short walk to Union Square and the shops and downtown tourist attractions with a nice supemarket on the left, where you can buy Turkish desserts and tea. Walgreens and a couple of diners are in the vicinity as well.
Special mention for the staff. Everybody is efficient, knowledgeable and warm.
I recommend this hotel without hesitation.

Room Tip: try to get a room overlooking Sutter
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank curiosa
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Spent here 2 nights with my wife. Friendly and helpful staff, great location, 2-3 mins walking from union square. Pictues are representing reality. No street noises but bit noisy equipments like ceiling - could sleep well on the other hand.
Breakfast for Europeans is not a big deal, some bakery, corn flakes, jam and fruits. Juice, coffee and tea. Bit disappointing the paper plates.
Quite lot homelesses and freaks all around the city but harmless, felt safe.
Recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Imre P
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel for many reasons... 1) Room 502 had comfortable beds, nice tv, a fan to keep the room cool and a view of Sutter St. 2) An attached Pub with mini markets on both sides of the hotel. An Italian restaurant up the street, on the corner with a Happy Hr. from 2 - 6 and nice Sushi restaurant around the corner. A helpful staff made tipping a pleasure.

Room Tip: Request Room 502
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends