I saw the pictures of the rooms on their website and knew I had to stay here. But I was torn between the equally newly renovated Americania across the road, so I split my time between the two hotels. They are owned by the same company.
There are not as many facilities at the Carriage Inn as the Americania, but you can use all the facilities of the Americania including the gym and heated pool.
When I first check in I was given a room that looked in to the middle of the building and asked to be moved to a room overlooking the road. They had no problem moving me. I prefer a room with lots of natural light and the sun was beaming in to the roadside room. Of course there is a little road noise, but not enough to be annoying. The furnishings in the room are REALLY nice! An amazingly comfortable bed. I had the best sleep of my whole vacation in this room. There is also a little kitchen that is opened in the mornings where you can get tea/coffee and some small snack for breakfast. I'm not sure exactly what was available as I was heading over the road to Custom Burger in the Americania hotel where they do a proper breakfast meal.
Now I paid over a month in advance for this room and got a good discount on it. I found that closer to the time the hotel sold out. It gets very full on weekends.
I see some people complain about the area. I think the area is great! It's about a 15 minute walk to Union Square and only a couple of minutes to the shops on Market Street or some great cafes on Folsom Street. This place really is in a good spot and is well priced. I will definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Carriage Inn features 48-rooms and offers a witty, warm, and sophisticated escape from the ordinary. Featuring guest rooms saluting San Francisco's notables eccentric notables and drawing inspiration from the "carriage" of a typewriter, the hotel provides a San Francisco experience well suited for vacationers, theater patrons, convention goers, couples and business travelers alike.Located in the vibrant South of Market (SoMA) district, the convenient location provides quick access to many of San Francisco's top attractions and destinations including Civic Center Plaza, Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Westfield Shopping Centre, the Theater District, and Cable Cars that will take you to Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Carriage Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Carriage Hotel San Francisco
- Best Western Carriage Hotel
- Best Western San Francisco
- San Francisco Best Western