We stayed at this hotel for a vacation to San Francisco. My wife and I have never been to San Francisco before, and boy did we luck out with this place. It has a fantastic location in a gentrifying location of San Francisco, just 2 blocks from Market Street on 7th avenue. That intersection on Market has a BART station, so it was very easy to get to the hotel by taking the train. It also has a bus stop there, so every day my wife and I could get very easy access to all of San Francisco by bus. There is also a nice CVS on the corner where we could get some light groceries and toiletries.
Keep in mind that this area is in the process of being gentrified, so there are a few construction projects around this area of Market Street. They haven't started in full yet, but it is coming. There are a lot of homeless in this area, but they will probable be pushed farther south as the construction continues.
The hotel itself is really nice, each room themed with a famous San Franciscan artist, but not overwhelmingly so. The beds were very nice and comfortable. Breakfast is provided as a breakfast box, which includes OJ, yogurt, a banana and a croissant which you can bring back to your room. The only complaint I have about this is the yogurt and OJ were always a little on the warm side as these were kept out on the counter since 7am. Otherwise, it was a fantastic experience and we will definitely come back next time we are in San Francisco.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Carriage Inn features 48-rooms and offers a witty, warm, and sophisticated escape from the ordinary. Featuring guest rooms saluting San Francisco's notables eccentric notables and drawing inspiration from the "carriage" of a typewriter, the hotel provides a San Francisco experience well suited for vacationers, theater patrons, convention goers, couples and business travelers alike.Located in the vibrant South of Market (SoMA) district, the convenient location provides quick access to many of San Francisco's top attractions and destinations including Civic Center Plaza, Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Westfield Shopping Centre, the Theater District, and Cable Cars that will take you to Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Carriage Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Carriage Hotel San Francisco
- Best Western Carriage Hotel
- Best Western San Francisco
- San Francisco Best Western