My wife, two children (age 2 1/2 and 8 mos), and I, just returned from our three day, two-night vacation in San Francisco. We used trip advisor to carefully decide which hotel to stay at during our time in San Francisco. We were very pleased that we chose the Carriage Inn for as our 'home base' while staying in SF. Before leaving Sacramento (our home) for SF we made our reservations with Josette (the hotel manager). We requested that we would like a roll-a-way crib and mini-fridge in our room. When we arrivied in SF, both the crib and mini-fridge were waiting for us in our big, beautiful, clean room. The staff was very accomodating and the hot tub was awesome (the pictures on this site do not do justice for the hot tub). It is located on a private patio on the second floor and unwinding in the hot tub after a long day of zoo and site seeing really made our day).
For those that say this hotel is in a bad area, they don' travel to SF much (or they were raised living in a gated community). Pretty much all parts of SF have a population of bums and beggars. There was nothing threatening about the people who live and beg in the SoMa district. The Four Seasons hotel is only a couple blocks away. Additionally, the Westfield Shopping Mall (with Nordstroms and Bloomingdales) is only 2 1/2 blocks away and is a very easy walk, even with a stroller filled with two kids and supplies. We had a great time and would highly recommend this hotel to other travellers...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Carriage Inn features 48-rooms and offers a witty, warm, and sophisticated escape from the ordinary. Featuring guest rooms saluting San Francisco's notables eccentric notables and drawing inspiration from the "carriage" of a typewriter, the hotel provides a San Francisco experience well suited for vacationers, theater patrons, convention goers, couples and business travelers alike.Located in the vibrant South of Market (SoMA) district, the convenient location provides quick access to many of San Francisco's top attractions and destinations including Civic Center Plaza, Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Westfield Shopping Centre, the Theater District, and Cable Cars that will take you to Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Carriage Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Carriage Hotel San Francisco
- Best Western Carriage Hotel
- Best Western San Francisco
- San Francisco Best Western