I arrived late at night and apart from having a security buzzer on the door arriving at this time of night was not a problem. The lady was very friendly and helpful and much appreciated after such a long trip.
The room was very good, breakfast also good, staff really helpful - lots of information with regard to arranging trips etc.
This is an excellant location as you can walk downhill to the water front and along to all the piers i.e. pier 39, Fisherman's Wharf etc. then you can get the cable car or bus to other points of town. If you take the cable car it pays to get a three day pass or whatever time suits you and you can get off at Lombard Street (where the zig zag road goes down!) and walk down to Van Ness and the hotel - BEWARE - Do not wear heels!!
There is a couple of stores nearby where you can get snacks etc. and a laundry right next door (not self service).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn® By the Bay is conveniently located off U.S. 101, near Fisherman's Wharf, the San Francisco Marina Yacht Harbor, Fort Mason Center, Union Street and Lombard Street, the World's Crookedest Street. This San Francisco, CA hotel is close to popular attractions, including AT&T Park, the Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco Chinatown and the San Francisco Civic Center Plaza. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Comfort Inn by the Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn By The Bay Hotel San Francisco
- Comfort Inn San Francisco
- Comfort Inn Bay San Francisco
- San Francisco Comfort Inn