I at least owe the Comfort Inn by the Bay a nice review for bailing my wife and I out of a jam. Across the country on a California roadtrip we couldn't understand why San Francisco was so outrageously expensive. We were booking our way up the coast by using opaque booking sites. Evidently there was a convention in SF the same days we wanted to be SF. Hotels were going for outrageous prices. When a reasonable rate (still the most expensive hotel I have ever booked via opaque sites) hit I booked and we ended up here. The hotel has a great location in walking distance to shops on Chestnut, Fisherman's Wharf, Lombard St, and Polk Ave nightlife. The 47 Muni stops close and will take you to AT&T Park. The hotel offers a hot breakfast as well.
The rooms are dated, but that is the only complaint I have with the SF Comfort Inn. But even then, you still get a flat screen LCD. I truly think they just need to rip down the wallpaper and update the bathrooms and they'd be golden.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn® By the Bay is conveniently located off U.S. 101, near Fisherman's Wharf, the San Francisco Marina Yacht Harbor, Fort Mason Center, Union Street and Lombard Street, the World's Crookedest Street. This San Francisco, CA hotel is close to popular attractions, including AT&T Park, the Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco Chinatown and the San Francisco Civic Center Plaza. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Priceline, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Comfort Inn by the Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn By The Bay Hotel San Francisco
- Comfort Inn San Francisco
- Comfort Inn Bay San Francisco
- San Francisco Comfort Inn