“very good service”

Ranked #157 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
Sacramento, California
“very good service”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Andy is so good and friendly. He gave us early check in when we arrived therre 11am. When I asked him if I can change the queen bed room to a double bed room. He helped us immediately. Plus, the room was clean and quiet. We had a good sleep.
Thank you Andy!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Polish first
Calmar, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

My Brother and I checked in Dec.6th13 at 2100 h , there was a car in the check in spot outside the door street side, so we proceeded to the courtyard parking,which was almost full ( 2cones in only spot, except Handicap spot; which a car was half parked in!) We parked temporarily in this other half of the Handicap spot! This is unlawful and inconsiderate, as I am a RN! We were in the office, and we called, as no one was there, we did this twice, and about to ring the bell, when a voice, retorted from out back somewhere, " What" I said, : We need to check in"! A younger, man appeared in a rush, as my name,and gave me a card key,said room # quickly, and I was not sure I caught it! as him to repeat it but he was curt in response. When my Brother as far a second key card, the desk clerk, was clearly put off, sad," give me the key card Back"as he grabbed it in a rush, as he seemed to be, continually! I asked about the Parking as I am in the Handicapped spot, which someone is half in anyway, but is only 1 spot with cones in it! Desk clerk, said," no problem just stay in the Handicapped spot, as no one is needing it tonight! I was going to ask if it was ok, tomorrow too, and he was gone, quick as a Bunny in the back! I guess it was not in the list of amenities,but needs to be a Elevator to bring baggage to the rooms, most of which are upstairs, I'm not getting any younger, and if older folks wanted to stay it would be impossible! The La, Luna a block away, has one! But I like to get points with Days Inn, and had a great experience in Days Inn at Carson City!
The room was freezing cold and damp, as heat was off completely and before long the heater unit, kicked off, dead:had to plug and unplug, unit twice to get it to reboot, this happened 2 times! The fridge had all the guards in the doors broken out( makes door useless): my Brother fixed it with Duct tape!! The alarm clock electric cord was broken, it was shorting out ! My Brother took it down to the clerk, he did not come out from the back as he was loudly taking on the phone, after asking twice nicely, my Brother yelled, " get the hell out here, now"!! My Brother mentioned the fridge issue, clerk,shrugged, took the clock, when he asked my Brother; after asking what was wrong with the clock,clerk said whatever!
The internet connection was terrible, it was in and out, dropped all the time. I had to stand up next to the door, to use my iPad for any length of time. I would liked to have hung out in bed to surf the web, on phone or iPad! The toilet seat is loose on one side and cover won't stay up to pee, the bathroom is cold,floor freezing. The beds were ok, and shower as well, at least got 2 important things right!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Timothy P

Travellers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Rome, Italy
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We booked a room with 2 queen size but they gave us with 1 queen only. When asked to remedy they said they would have fixed the issue the day after. According to them the 3rd person should have to simply sleep on the floor for the night. They did not have any rollaway. The best they could offer was a mat they throw in the room.

Room Tip: just avoid it !
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Massapequa, New York
Reviewed 4 December 2013

To start off, the room was very small, which is okay because we were only staying there a few days.. The room was clean and had everything you need for a hotel visit.
The location was good as it was close to the golden gate bridge, but it was far from the heart of the city. The area around the hotel is one motel after the next.

Two major events made me rate this as a Terrible hotel.
First, I booked the hotel on expedia.com two months in advance and paid for a standard queen size bed room for my boyfriend and I. After purchase, we could not get a refund if we changed our mind. When we got to San Francisco from NY, the check-in clerk said that they do not have any queen size beds available and gave us two full size beds. We arrived to the hotel after check-in time so that wasn't the issue. We complained but the guy said that we can find another hotel and he will give us a refund.... Who wants to start looking for a hotel when you get to a place you've never been before???

Lastly, we had a check-out time at 11 am. We left around 11am and forgot our cell phone so we turned around and got back at 1105am. The cell phone was GONE. Not even five minutes later. So we found the cleaning lady and she said that no one has been in the room since we left, which is a lie because the pillow cases were already off the pillows. After she said that we knew she stole it so we accused her and then she called her friend and told her to give it back to us.
She had stolen our iPhone and gave it away already. We had to wait a few minutes for our phone to arrive, which isn't a problem because we were so grateful to be getting it back.

Like I said, there are many other motels around the area that you can stay in with the same price range per room. I would never go back to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MarissaS333
Costa Mesa
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Hi, my family booked two rooms at this hotel. Very small hotel. Very small rooms. But, very clean and nicely remodeled. Free parking. One of the cheapest prices in town for a safe and convenient location. It came with a mini fridge and microwave too. No pets allowed. Several times I had a hard time getting the front desk to answer the phone but I eventually got what I needed. Mattresses were firm and new. Firmer than I would like but at least not dented in the middle.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family