My husband and I really enjoyed our one night stay at this modern hotel located in the heart of SF's financial district. We arrived early (10AM) and the nice gentleman at the front desk was happy to accommodate us. He even upgraded us to a suite because we waited patiently as he spoke on the phone to another guest for the first five minutes upon our arrival. I thought this was very nice! The suite was HUGE - two full rooms, bedroom w/ TV, living room w/ TV sitting area and little dining table, and an updated bathroom. You could tell that this was an older building that had recently been updated, and perhaps done so on the cheaper end (husband is in the commercial construction industry so he takes notice of these things); however, I thought that all of the updates were very tasteful and they did a great job blending the old with the new. We had never been to SF, so the hotel was in a great location to explore all of the hot spots aka tourist areas - Ferry Bldg, piers, shopping district, and china town. I think if we had stayed more than one night we might have been disappointed as we went back on the last day of our stay trying to kill some time before heading to the airport (on a Sunday) and most things were closed. This was strange to us as we visit NYC quite frequently and I have never felt as though Sundays are dead, but it literally felt dead in this part of the city. Luckily we had friends in the city who directed us towards a more local area over by Chestnut Street. If was nice to have the two perspectives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of San Francisco, Galleria Park gives you easy access to everything the Bay Area has to offer to its visitors. The hotel is located with easy access to the Bay Area's central transit systems of BART, MUNI and the fabled cable cars. Within blocks are Union Square, Chinatown, the Financial District, Moscone Convention Center, and several world-class museums. The hotel is just steps away from world-class shopping destinations in Union Square--an area that is definitely a tribute to the power of shopping. Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Barneys New York, Gump's and a very substantial Macy's are right on the Union Square. The venerable Bullock and Jones and Tiffany and Co. are within walking distance, as is the nine-story Westfield San Francisco Shopping Centre with its three-level Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's. It is also a center for exclusive couture and high fashion, with boutiques dedicated to Betsey Johnson, Kate Spade, Herve Leger, Karen Miller, and Michael Kors. Post Street, which is a block away from Galleria Park is where the high-end stores are located including Ralph Lauren, Ferragamo, Juicy Couture, Tory Burch, Ferrari and Porsche clothing stores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Galleria Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galleria Park, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel San Francisco
- Galleria Park San Francisco
- Galleria Park Hotel San Francisco