This was my first stay at a Joie de Vivre hotel and it exceeded expectations-- I definitely can't wait to try out their other properties. Joie de Vivre is particularly known for their funky, design-centered boutique hotels that emphasize a personalized touch to service, and I was happy to see that the Galleria Park lived up to the JDV name. Unlike pretty much any other hotel, the lobby and public spaces at the Galleria Park are beautifully designed, but the design does not stop when you enter your room, as the room was just as smartly designed with beautiful artwork, nice color palette, and a small but nicely renovated bathroom. I appreciate when a hotel actually treats us like adults and doesn't try to lure you in with a great lobby but then cut corners with a bland cookie-cutter room, so I think this says a lot about the positive value system that Joie de Vivre operates by.
We asked for a high floor in our reservation request and the Galleria Park delivered-- we got a great room on the 8th (top) floor and we slept soundly, as there was hardly any noise. The Wi-Fi signal in our room was strong and fast, definitely better than the average hotel Wi-Fi.
Tip: the reservations people send you a welcome e-mail a week before you arrive, and they invite you to e-mail them and introduce yourself. Try it out, it really works! You just might be surprised at what the Front Desk does with this info, as I was :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of San Francisco, Galleria Park gives you easy access to everything the Bay Area has to offer to its visitors. The hotel is located with easy access to the Bay Area's central transit systems of BART, MUNI and the fabled cable cars. Within blocks are Union Square, Chinatown, the Financial District, Moscone Convention Center, and several world-class museums. The hotel is just steps away from world-class shopping destinations in Union Square--an area that is definitely a tribute to the power of shopping. Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Barneys New York, Gump's and a very substantial Macy's are right on the Union Square. The venerable Bullock and Jones and Tiffany and Co. are within walking distance, as is the nine-story Westfield San Francisco Shopping Centre with its three-level Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's. It is also a center for exclusive couture and high fashion, with boutiques dedicated to Betsey Johnson, Kate Spade, Herve Leger, Karen Miller, and Michael Kors. Post Street, which is a block away from Galleria Park is where the high-end stores are located including Ralph Lauren, Ferragamo, Juicy Couture, Tory Burch, Ferrari and Porsche clothing stores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Galleria Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galleria Park, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel San Francisco
- Galleria Park San Francisco
- Galleria Park Hotel San Francisco