“Enjoyable”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bakersfield, California
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

A great location, reasonable price, clean comfortable rooms ,and a friendly, helpful staff makes this my favorite place to stay in San Francisco. Have coffee in the morning on the third floor park, and complimentary nightly wine hour in the lobby. We will be staying there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Pvan62
GalleriaHotelGM, General Manager at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay at The Galleria Park Hotel San Francisco.

We are delighted to hear that you had an exceptional experience with us. I appreciate your kind words about our staff and I am pleased that you enjoyed your location, rooms and amenities.

We look forward to your return visit to the Galleria Park, your "home" in San Francisco. Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your arrival if there's anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable.

jlim@jdvhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
Phoenix
Reviewed 14 January 2014

The room is small like most hotels in downtown San Francisco, but the staff made me feel cared for as if I were family. The location is amazing. It was a little noisy so you want to ask for room away from the street. I found it a good value for the price.

Room Tip: Higher up and away from the street.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Covisioner
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Summation of series of business trip stays over a year's time booked by company:

Pro - location. Walking distance to main attractions. Maids and service people were nice.

Con - Front staff not as friendly. One trip I had to have my room changed as the bathroom had been used since the last check-out. The front staff person looked annoyed with me for asking for another room.
Hotel parking very expensive. Cheaper to park at the nearby Sutter Stockton Garage.
Rooms are small.
Street noise loud.

We have subsequently moved our meetings to a different nearby hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank advtime5
GalleriaHotelGM, General Manager at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear AdvTime5,

First off, I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We believe that feedback is a gift and I truly appreciate you taking the time to gift your feedback to us so that we can improve on our service.

I want to truly apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay with us. We're here to make sure that your stay is always comfortable whenever you stay with us. Rest assured that I will be addressing your concerns with our front office staff as well as our housekeeping team members to make sure that we consistently provide our guests with clean and comfortable rooms at all times.

I would love the opportunity to welcome you back to the Galleria Park and should you choose to give us another opportunity to change your perception, I would ask that you reach out to me prior to your arrival so that I may take a personal care to your stay.

In closing, I would like to thank you once again for your feedback. I want us to be your "home away from home."

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 January 2014

The room was a bit small, yes, but everything was very clean, modern, and well-kept, and considering what you're paying to stay so close to Union Square, Bart stations, etc. what would you expect? The staff was very friendly and attentive and gave excellent service, and we appreciated the complimentary nightly wine hour as well!

Room Tip: Go with a queen room or larger.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brad H
We appreciate your review of your recent visit to The Galleria Park Hotel, San Francisco. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our location, amenities, and our wine hour! We are indeed lucky to have one of the best locations in San Francisco--just steps away from Union Square, Chinatown, Cable Car turnaround, Ferry Building and the Moscone convention center.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your overall experience, and please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss the details of your stay or a future visit with us.

joeyfine
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stayed at the GPH during my last trip to SF. The hotel is in a great location and it let me walk everywhere. The Bed was super comfy and the bathrooms are ultra clean. The TV is not HD and the channel selection is poor. The wine hour is great if you are looking to relax and chat with other guest. I'd stay again on my next trip to SF.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
singapore
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The lobby is chic but the room and bathroom are small. The bathroom has been renovated. There is a Walgreens nearby and the bus stop for 8, 8X to Pier 17 is just a few steps away. The bus stop for bus no. 45 which leads to Union St in Cow Hollow is also nearby. And hotel is very near to Montgomery Bart/Muni stop.
Tea, coffee and hot water is provided at one floor above the lobby.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kim025Singapore
utah
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very elegantly decorated. It was a little hard to find the parking, until we called and were told to just pull up in front and valet. parking is pricey $42 night but our rate had this included and we paid a total of $150. Very reasonable for San Francisco. Our room was small but they made good use of the space. Lovely art in the room. Mini bar was $$ but there is a 7-11 right across the street if you need snacks. Bathroom had a shower only, no tub. It was decent size and the toiletries were great.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple