“Nice hotel, great location”

Galleria Park Hotel
Ranked #34 of 231 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Just enjoyed a weekend at this hotel. It had a quaint "boutiquey" feel. The location was very convenient for sightseeing, public transit and lots of great restaurant options. The room was small, but it worked just fine. The bed was comfortable and pillows were the best! We enjoyed the wine in the evening and coffee in the morning. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor, facing street. Some street noise, not bad. Preferred this over the i...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,271)

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

The room we stayed in was the smallest I'd been in (cruise ship not counting). The bathrooms were cramped and ... there was no fan?!? We had to open the window for ventilation.

And if you choose to stay here ... Request an internal room! The one we stayed in faced Kearney and traffic was loud all hours! Don't worry about setting an alarm!

We were able to diffuse it on night two by turning on the fan on the wall unit.

We've stayed in boutique hotels on other cities that were much better designed such as the Roosevelt in NY and Pulitzer in Barcelona.

The staff was friendly and there is a complimentary daily wine hour from 5:30 to 6:30.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BrandPVC
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Went to SF for a two-night business trip, and found this hotel for a reasonable (SF reasonable that is) amount. What I did not care for was (a) rooms are very small (b) older building so my room was dark (c) lack of full service/restaurant bar (d) breakfast room service only (e) I got in from the airport very late and was dragging a large roller bag, and there are stairs up into the lobby - so I had to lug my bag up -- not to whine, but I really felt like the desk clerk could have stepped over the few feet to assist me - it had been a very long day. What made me "warm up" was the next day, everyone in the hotel was extremely pleasant and helpful. There was a nice wine reception in the lobby the next evening as well - I would have given this hotel a "very good" except for the reasons listed above, primarily lack of restaurant/bar and small rooms.

Room Tip: I clicked on pool by mistake on the ratings - I so no think they have one
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank koalatraveler
Reviewed 25 March 2014

In short, the rooms at the Galleria Park were too small and a little dingy for the price paid. I stayed in a room witih my two children, and we had no room to walk. The bathroom is similarly small. If I stayed on my own, my experience might have been different.

I also found that there was a disconnect between the lobby (nicely appointed), and the rooms. The first room we were assigned had a musty Lysol smell, and I had to ask to be changed. The 2nd room was better, but still smelled a little stale.

Our street-side room was *very* noisy. During our recent stay, the restaurant was closed, so we had to order in food, which took way too long.

I will say that service is very good. All in all, this is an ok hotel, but should be at a lower price point.

Room Tip: Avoid a street-side room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I adore this hotel! Small enough to be intimate; yet large enough to offer fine appointments - The Galleria Park Hotel is 'just right.' I've stayed there nearly a dozen times (for work) and found the hotel to be my 'home away from home'. The rooms are cozy and inviting; and, the recent bathroom remodel well done. From the warm greeting, at check-in, to the wine reception every evening.....ahhhhhh is all I have to say. Only about 3 blocks from Union Square shoping and resturants abound. I highly recommend a stay here!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
KatieHara, Manager at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear Chris K -

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay! I am so glad that we have become your "home away from home"! We look forward to welcoming you home again soon!

Safe travels,
Katie Hara
AGM

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Just returned from 4 nights at the Galleria Park. We discovered the hotel through The Joie de Vivre website. We booked a great deal at a significant discount. So happy we discovered this wonderful hotel! Here are the reasons we loved our stay.

- Great location! A short walk from the BART and buses. Centrally located for all attractions
- Good neighborhood
- Exceptional staff- always available and willing to go the extra mile
- Clean well appointed rooms and bathrooms
- Newly renovated
- A/C in rooms

We would stay here again in a heartbeat. A simply delightful stay. And again, cannot say enough about the staff. They were all genuinely friendly and took time to see to any needs we had.

Highly recommend.

Room Tip: We had an inside room so that cut down on street noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KL_Hedberg
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My family was extremely pleased with our stay. The location is perfect as it's close to almost everything. The service is great and the rooms have a very luxurious feel. It's very convenient that Bread & Cocoa is right next to the hotel so that we can go there for breakfast. I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: January 2014