“Superb!”

Galleria Park Hotel
Ranked #25 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I highly recommend Galleria Park to anyone who wants to stay downtown. The room was perfect with a modern, yet comfy feel. The high ceilings and view of the street below gives you that San Francisco flavor that you can't get anywhere else in the world. My favorite part about the hotel was the friendly staff. They made me feel right at home and made it a point to let me know if I needed anything they were available. Chris and Luis, thank you for making our experience a great one! I have stayed at many hotels all over the city over the years and the service here is unbeatable.

There are newer reviews for Galleria Park Hotel

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My wife and I have just spent three nights at this amazing hotel. The location is near the Union Square hub (trams, buses etc) and the main shopping areas. The hotel has a great upper sun terrace. There is free wine each evening between 5.00/6.30pm and free tea/coffee each morning.
The rooms are a decent size, lighting good, shower ok, air con good and beds great. The staff at both the reception and concierge are excellent, helpful and friendly. I could not think of any major weaknesses and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and will definitely be returning.

1  Thank david b
Reviewed 22 April 2014

If I could use only one word to describe this hotel it would be ‘exceptional’. I am a frequent traveller and have stayed at some of the best hotels in the world including the 7 star Burj al Arab hotel in Dubai and can say without hesitation that the Galleria Park was everything that I could have hoped for in a hotel and more.

The décor is beautiful and the ambience fabulous. The rooms are ‘cosy’ but the clever use of space ensures that no detail or requirement has been overlooked. Room service breakfast was delicious, the quality of the produce was first class. The wine hour was a great way to unwind at the end of a hectic day and catch up with hotel staff and fellow guests.

The location was excellent, surrounded by many great restaurants, bars and shops, all within easy walking distance.

I left the Galleria Park knowing that I could not have chosen a better place to stay during my visit to San Francisco, vowing to return as soon as possible but it was only after departure that I really found what a truly great hotel this was.

I had inadvertently left some items in my room but did not contact the hotel until I returned home about one week later fully expecting to be told that nothing had been found in my room which has been my experience with other hotels. . My enquiry with the hotel was dealt with in the most professional manner, and I was pleased to hear that my lost property had been documented and that it would be shipped to me as soon as possible.

Despite many obstacles along the way, the team at Galleria Park, in particular Nino Pelaez (Director of Facilities) and Katie Hara (Assistant General Manager) went above and beyond my expectations to ensure that my property was returned to me, even absorbing the cost of postage which was completely unexpected. I was kept informed of progress at every stage and would count the service provided by the Galleria Park as the best that I have ever received.

There might be bigger and possibly grander hotels in San Francisco than the Galleria Park but I truly doubt that you will have an experience better than what you will have at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hope158
GalleriaHotelGM, General Manager at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for you kind review of your recent stay at The Galleria Park Hotel San Francisco.

We are delighted to hear that you had an exceptional experience with us. I appreciate your kind words about the hotel and I am very pleased that you were satisfied with how we handled your lost & found item. I thanked Katie Hara and Nino Pelaez for taking care of your lost & found item. Both of these managers and the rest of our team members make Galleria Park special and authentic.

We look forward to your return visit to the Galleria Park. Thank you again for taking the time to share your positive experience on Tripadvisor.

Best,

James Lim
415-835-6473

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Great hotel with awesome character! Rooms were super clean, and the beds were comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was close to everything we wanted to see and do. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Kaycee502014
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Really friendly, attentive service; nice decor; good location. Got a room with two queens for our family of four, which was perfect. Only complaints would be that the mattresses were flimsy and bouncy (though the linens were nice-quality and soft), and we couldn't get the air-conditioning unit to cool the room enough (though we don't prefer an especially cool room). We were on the sixth floor and it was very quiet.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rmctraveller
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This little gem amidst the Union Square area is in a perfect location for getting anywhere. Located in this neighborhood are restaurants, a drug store, and shopping. There's a great breakfast place (Bread and Cocoa) just downstairs out the door, a bakery across the street and lots of other restaurants in the area. Union Square is a 2-3 block walk, where you can catch the Hop On, Hop Off bus tour; you can catch the BART 2 blocks away; Chinatown is 1 block; and the city buses are right out the door. We booked a 2 double bed room and it was a bit small (for 3 of us). The bathroom was very small, but very nicely updated, with a lovely glass door spacious shower. The room is nicely decorated, beds are comfortable, and everything you need is right there, including a bath robe. We found the staff to be friendly and very helpful. We were never there for the happy hour wine in the lobby, but it's a nice offer! We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: For 3 people, a 2 double bed room is a bit tight; a king size bed for 2 would be perfect.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank EllenK4

Dear Ms. EllenK4,

We appreciate your review of your recent visit to The Galleria Park Hotel, San Francisco. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our superb location, services and amenities. We are indeed lucky to be located in the heart of San Francisco where Chinatown, Union Square, cable car turnaround, Ferry Building and convention center are all walking distance from us.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your overall experience, and please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss the details of your stay or a future visit with us.

James Lim
415-835-6473

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Galleria Park is a boutique, quaint, historic hotel. At soon as we checked in, we remembered Wendy at the front desk from our stay last year. She made us feel welcomed! The service and valet were top notch. So close to great restaurants, bars and right smack in the middle of Union Square. My wife and I had a wonderful, romantic getaway from Los Angeles. We plan to stay there again next year!!

2  Thank joondawg