“Beautiful Hotel - Great Stay”

Galleria Park Hotel
Ranked #29 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Anderson, California
“Beautiful Hotel - Great Stay”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I've stayed at the Galleria Park Hotel on 2 separate occasions (once for business & once for a weekend get-a-way). The bellmen are over the top. The recommendations given to us by Jake & Jacob on our several comings and goings from the hotel for a good place eat, a neighborhood bar and the easiest way back to the freeway, were all met with a warm smile no matter how busy they were. The hotel room was spacious, light, airy & modern giving you the feeling of home. The Event Sales Manager was super organized and made sure that EVERYTHING was taken care of to a "T". Go ahead, book a room, give it a try. You won't be sorry.

Room Tip: Less street noise on the 4th floor - up.
2 Thank Denise S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I loved this hotel. The building is an old renovated down town building. I love that bits of the old architecture are still present. The rooms are on the small side but it is an old hotel. The hotel is easily accessible from the BART. The beds are comfortable and well equipped. The wine hour was an lovely surprise. From this location it is easy to access most areas of the city including Oakland and Sausilito.

Room Tip: request a higher level if you are affected by street noise and would like the windows open
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I spend really nice time in Galleria Park Hotel. I stayed there for 8 nights in a room on the third floor that looks towards south to the building next to the hotel.

The room was pretty wide and it had everything: work desk, hairdryer, iron/ironing board, electronic safe, TV, radio, refrigerator, even an umbrella... The beds were comfortable for sleeping. The WiFi was free and the connection was fine.
I really liked the bathroom, and I loved the Lather collection (shampoo, soaps, body wash) they give---everything smelled so great.

It was also great that they offer a free bottle of water for each day when your room is not cleaned. Also, there was the complimentary coffee and tea in the morning and the wine hour in the evening.

The service was also great! They received a package for me that arrived prior to my arrival, and they handed it to me when I arrived. Also, I left my luggage in their luggage storage for couple of hours before I left SF.

But, as last remark, yes, my room was also noisy (especially during the night when they are collecting the garbage) since it was overlooking over a narrow street and the other building is too close, so there is an echo. But, I did not asked for a special room and I did not tried to change it after that.
Another thing that I minded bit more was the sound of the heating system---it was turning on for around 30 min. during some specific hours and it was making a lot of noise due to the pressure of the hot water.
However, besides these unpleasant sounds, the hotel is great!

Green Features: It seemed to me that they care about the environment, since they had special can for the waste that can be recycled. Additionally, they were giving a free bottle of water for each day when you will put a sign that your room does not have to be cleaned.
2 Thank Ana P
San Jose, California
Reviewed 23 June 2014

San Francisco's Union Square is a wonderful central location for tourist, business, or just weekender stays. There are many fine hotels in the area; most have been renovated to some extent in the recent past but I must say that the Galeria Park is the nicest I've seen in the area. The rooms are very modern and luxuriously appointed while maintaining the charm and feel of the old building. All the luxury amenities you'd expect to find are provided; every member of the staff we encountered was friendly and immediately helpful.
Unfortunately if I rated this hotel on the quality of my sleep alone, it would just get one star... our room was over a busy street and though 4 floors up it sounded like we were sleeping (or trying to sleep) right on the street. It baffles me why, with a multi-million dollar renovation, the windows weren't replaced with double-pane units which would have totally changed the experience.So, great hotel, great location, but be very careful of your room and do not accept one facing the street, choose the courtyard view for a restful night.

Room Tip: Avoid the street ("city view") if at all possible, or bring ear plugs with you!
2 Thank Mark C
GalleriaHotelGM, General Manager at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I sincerely appreciate your comments about our recent renovation. I am sorry to hear that the street noise affected your stay. We are constantly improving the hotel. This winter, we will be renovating our guest floor hallways. We are looking at solutions to alleviate the noise problem from rooms that have the external street view.

We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for staying with us.

James Lim
Managing Director
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We spent two nights at the Galleria Park as part of a large trip to California. This location was great for walking to the Ferry Building--probably 15 minute walk. We also walked to Chinatown from here.
The hotel is in an area of older buildings but the interior has been updated and the bathroom in our room was very modern and clean. The rooms were rather small, but it seems in each older hotel we have found this to be true.
There is a wine reception in the evening and free coffee in the morning.
The price is rather steep, as it was at all of the convenient San Francisco locations. After we traveled for a couple of weeks, we were back at a different location in San Francisco near the wharf--- this hotel was much nicer!
I wouldn't bother with a car in San Francisco because parking is horrible, so expensive and rarely available.
No pool.

Room Tip: I don't think room selection matters. I overheard the front desk guy telling a man who asked fo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carol_nurse
Maryland
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Very pleasant boutique style hotel--nice front desk staff, small but well appointed room with nice amenities (including keurig coffee maker, free wifi, robe). The location couldn't be beat, and the evening wine was a nice touch. I am knocking off one star, because the first night I was awakened several times by the sound of trash being dumped right outside my window--and I was on the 5th floor! To their credit, when I let the front desk know the following morning, they immediately suggested moving me to a room facing the inner courtyard on a high floor to provide the most natural light. That room was very quiet, and I totally enjoyed the rest of my stay. I'd stay there again--but be sure to request an inner courtyard room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the inner courtyard on a high floor for a quiet stay. Avoid the rooms facing...
1 Thank Susan18
England
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Arrived a bit tired after driving up from LA and it was a relief to see the helpful valet who very kindly looked after the car while we got swiftly checked in and then we retrieved it to return it to the hire company. The hotel is very clean with excellent fixtures and fittings. The bathrooms were particularly impressive with a lovely large shower. The hotel does have a bit of an 'executive feel' about it but it is extremely comfortable. The hotel is well located and we walked up to pier 39 (few hills though!). I would recommend staying here.