“Galleria doesn't disappoint”

Galleria Park Hotel
Ranked #25 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I used TripAdvisor to help me as a first time visitor to SF, and the good reviews of the Galleria Park were spot-on. I love boutique hotels-the staffs usually try harder. This was certainly true of the Galleria Park. From directions to dining recommendations, everyone was caring, friendly, and
always had a smile on their face! As previously noted, the rooms are small but very we'll appointed. The elevators are efficient, so no long waits. The Galleria Park is located in a great area-2 blocks from Chinatown, 3 blocks from Union Square, an 2 blocks from Market Street.
Good restaurants are an easy walk, too. The complimentary wine happy hour from 5:30-6:30 was a great way to unwind after seeing the sights. I would certainly stay there again and highly recommend it.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank cclawhead

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights. The room was perfect. Everything had been nicely updated. The staff was extremely helpful. They recommended restaurants, helped with public transport and always greeted us with a smile. There was a wine reception in the lobby each night and coffee and tea in the morning (and in the room as well).

The hotel was in a great location. Within walking distance to many attractions, and very easy to access muni on market street.

Thank you for a great stay. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ktravelteach
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This hotel has a very classy, old-style vibe. The staff, from valets to the front desk, were very friendly and professional. The bathroom in the room was on the small side, but this is what you would expect from a boutique hotel. The room itself was very clean and a good size with a comfortable bed. Wine hour and free wifi were a plus. The location cannot be beat, although because of this it can be a little noisy. Overall, I would recommend.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I've stayed at the Galleria Park Hotel on 2 separate occasions (once for business & once for a weekend get-a-way). The bellmen are over the top. The recommendations given to us by Jake & Jacob on our several comings and goings from the hotel for a good place eat, a neighborhood bar and the easiest way back to the freeway, were all met with a warm smile no matter how busy they were. The hotel room was spacious, light, airy & modern giving you the feeling of home. The Event Sales Manager was super organized and made sure that EVERYTHING was taken care of to a "T". Go ahead, book a room, give it a try. You won't be sorry.

Room Tip: Less street noise on the 4th floor - up.
2  Thank Denise S
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I loved this hotel. The building is an old renovated down town building. I love that bits of the old architecture are still present. The rooms are on the small side but it is an old hotel. The hotel is easily accessible from the BART. The beds are comfortable and well equipped. The wine hour was an lovely surprise. From this location it is easy to access most areas of the city including Oakland and Sausilito.

Room Tip: request a higher level if you are affected by street noise and would like the windows open
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I spend really nice time in Galleria Park Hotel. I stayed there for 8 nights in a room on the third floor that looks towards south to the building next to the hotel.

The room was pretty wide and it had everything: work desk, hairdryer, iron/ironing board, electronic safe, TV, radio, refrigerator, even an umbrella... The beds were comfortable for sleeping. The WiFi was free and the connection was fine.
I really liked the bathroom, and I loved the Lather collection (shampoo, soaps, body wash) they give---everything smelled so great.

It was also great that they offer a free bottle of water for each day when your room is not cleaned. Also, there was the complimentary coffee and tea in the morning and the wine hour in the evening.

The service was also great! They received a package for me that arrived prior to my arrival, and they handed it to me when I arrived. Also, I left my luggage in their luggage storage for couple of hours before I left SF.

But, as last remark, yes, my room was also noisy (especially during the night when they are collecting the garbage) since it was overlooking over a narrow street and the other building is too close, so there is an echo. But, I did not asked for a special room and I did not tried to change it after that.
Another thing that I minded bit more was the sound of the heating system---it was turning on for around 30 min. during some specific hours and it was making a lot of noise due to the pressure of the hot water.
However, besides these unpleasant sounds, the hotel is great!

2  Thank Ana P
Reviewed 23 June 2014

San Francisco's Union Square is a wonderful central location for tourist, business, or just weekender stays. There are many fine hotels in the area; most have been renovated to some extent in the recent past but I must say that the Galeria Park is the nicest I've seen in the area. The rooms are very modern and luxuriously appointed while maintaining the charm and feel of the old building. All the luxury amenities you'd expect to find are provided; every member of the staff we encountered was friendly and immediately helpful.
Unfortunately if I rated this hotel on the quality of my sleep alone, it would just get one star... our room was over a busy street and though 4 floors up it sounded like we were sleeping (or trying to sleep) right on the street. It baffles me why, with a multi-million dollar renovation, the windows weren't replaced with double-pane units which would have totally changed the experience.So, great hotel, great location, but be very careful of your room and do not accept one facing the street, choose the courtyard view for a restful night.

Room Tip: Avoid the street ("city view") if at all possible, or bring ear plugs with you!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark C
GalleriaHotelGM, General Manager at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I sincerely appreciate your comments about our recent renovation. I am sorry to hear that the street noise affected your stay. We are constantly improving the hotel. This winter, we will be renovating our guest floor hallways. We are looking at solutions to alleviate the noise problem from rooms that have the external street view.

We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for staying with us.

James Lim