A boutique hotel in its truest sense. This was a lovely start to our road trip, and three nights was perfect. the location was nice, and a short walk to the nearest metro or cable car/tram stop.
Alex welcomed us warmly and all staff thereafter were professional and courteous.
We didn't do breakfast, but there are plenty of coffee shops and diners in the area, you won't be short of places to eat. Also close by is the tram stop, just a couple of blocks away, but travel early morning, mid-morning and later becomes a problem as many trams are full from people loading from further down the line, and few people get off in this vicinity. Otherwise, we had few problems. I also recommend the 1 or 3 day Muni pass, available at any Walgreens, and enables unlimited trips on the trams, an amazing experience for my family, we didin't travel any other way. The Muni pass however does not get you to the airport and back, that's a small charge of just under $3. The major shops are within walking distance, but Lombard St and Pier 39 are much further away.
The toiletries are lovely and the bedding and bed are high quality. The coffee making facility in the room is very classy. The aircon is very quiet and the bathroom was a lovely walk in shower.
My only complaint is not about the hotel, but rather the building itself is poorly insulated (sound). Regular smashing and crashing of metal bins seem to occur almost every two hours throughout the night, but thankfully my childern slept through, my wife and I struggled to get a night's sleep for the whole stay.
Extra services include a gym, and the wine tasting in early evenings. Very civilised, and smart casual dress is appropriate for the wine tasting, but I was in shorts and sneakers and the staff were equally welcoming.
Overall, lovely hotel, and would go again. Thanks to the staff, and a lovely start to our holiday, a firm favourite of ours. Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of San Francisco, Galleria Park gives you easy access to everything the Bay Area has to offer to its visitors. The hotel is located with easy access to the Bay Area's central transit systems of BART, MUNI and the fabled cable cars. Within blocks are Union Square, Chinatown, the Financial District, Moscone Convention Center, and several world-class museums. The hotel is just steps away from world-class shopping destinations in Union Square--an area that is definitely a tribute to the power of shopping. Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Barneys New York, Gump's and a very substantial Macy's are right on the Union Square. The venerable Bullock and Jones and Tiffany and Co. are within walking distance, as is the nine-story Westfield San Francisco Shopping Centre with its three-level Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's. It is also a center for exclusive couture and high fashion, with boutiques dedicated to Betsey Johnson, Kate Spade, Herve Leger, Karen Miller, and Michael Kors. Post Street, which is a block away from Galleria Park is where the high-end stores are located including Ralph Lauren, Ferragamo, Juicy Couture, Tory Burch, Ferrari and Porsche clothing stores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Galleria Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galleria Park, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel San Francisco
- Galleria Park San Francisco
- Galleria Park Hotel San Francisco